• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hidden Treasures!

7 posts in this topic

Modern Age Books That I think I will have graded.

I'm usually not one for collecting much of the Modern Age Comics especially most of the independents. I do happen to have a lot of stuff that I am starting to go through and find some nice pieces :)

Tnerb, Bagofleas it's so much fun reading post about your adventures and your passion for the Hobby especially the New Mutants. You remind me a lot of myself in years past. Thanks so much for sharing your stories with us. That goes for the rest of the community as well, for all of the great post and discussions regarding comics, shows/cons and anything related to the hobby :) I read each and every post as well as all of the comments.

Now, the Hidden Treasures!

I found a few Lady Death Issues as I was going through some boxes of stuff over the weekend. I have seen these a number of times but really never paid any notice since they were not Silver or Bronze Age books. I'm starting to warm-up a little to some of the Modern Age books especially those with great cover artwork.

So I thought I would take a minute and research the trio and found that they are half way decent copies to have.

Lady Death Limited Series #1 Chromium Cover

Lady Death The Crucible Silver Embossed Cover &

Lady Death II Between Heaven & Hell #1 Chromium

I really like the covers on these so I am going to ship them

out for slabbing and maybe down the road I might even add signatures.

I'm sure there's more goodies to dig up but it will have

to wait until the next weekend :)

Thanks for reading!

14449.JPG

See more journals by Dre

Thank you for the kind words. May I suggest get the signatures first. I can only imagine if I got my signatures before getting grades and then signatures. If you have the books raw I would look for where they might be signing.

I remember when these came out and I believe I had the one on the left at one time. I was always fascinated by Evil Ernie and Lady Death but never continued collecting them. I say go for it, and I hope they attain what you desire.

Tnerb

Thank you from me as well for your kind comments.

I agree with Tnerb here. Since they are raw, I would say wait to get them signed before grading as well. Between the money you will save and the reduced handling of the issues, I would always personally prefer to wait on submitting raw copies until I was sure that I wouldn't go for any sigs on them.

I've made this mistake a few times and wished I had waited. In fact, I have some issues getting graded right now that Ronnylama sent me, that I now wish I HAD waited on. One in particular that I could have had Sal Buscema sign in Baltimore. Luckily, I have another copy of the book that I DID get him to sign, but I think Ronnylama's copy will grade a little better.

Hey, live and learn. Anyway, that is my suggestion as well. I hope you manage high grades.

:)