• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"NorthHampton" Collection at "The National" in NYC

2 posts in this topic

Greetings everyone.

Assuming NeatStuff ever gets back to me and assigns me a booth, I will be bringing the "NorthHampton" collection to the NYC national at the end of November. There's an old thread somewhere about my adventures in acquiring this collection.

I've been very sparingly selling the books out of this collection in the hopes of maximizing the material I have to bring to the major Eastern shows over the next 9 months. You'll probably find me at the Wizard shows as well, including Boston, Philly, and Chicago.

It's nearly completely unpicked, esoteric material from the 40's to the 70's, with a heavy concentration of the early-mid 50's. About 300 pre-1960 horror, most pre-code. About 400 Timely/Atlas books (no superhero). 200 each pre-1960's Archies/Harvies/Charlton/ACGs. About 300 each Dell and Gilberton. I have the other publishers organized by Genre, and you will find about (all pre-1960) 300 each War/Western/Romance/Humor/Misc(sports/adventure/sci-fi), and 400 Crime.

Some good silver, but not a concentration here.

The 70's bronze is focused on horror and romance, with near complete runs of all the offbeat titles. Some high grade, to be sure, but mostly clean VG/Fs.

I wanted to give the people coming to NYC a heads up. I'm doing business as "The Art of Comics". I'll post again when the convention gets closer.

I've had a lot of requests for lists and detailed grading, and I'm just too flat out processing/grading/pricing books to do this. This is why I stopped scanning (I do hope to finish the scans of the Horror books) and selling books - I need to get more processed by the time this show rolls around. At my rate of 50 books/day (I only have about 1-2 hours per day to work on it), it is going rather slowly.