• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOS Collecting

16 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

I really need to tighten up my collecting as I have really lost focus recently.

I have decided I would really like to concentrate on my TOS collection, and see if I can get a full set (or 39-99 more specifically), which I can then upgrade as and when.

My biggest problem is going to be that 39.

Can anyone tell me what can realistically expect to pick up a low grade (1,1.8) for these day? I know I can look on ebay and the prices are all over the place, but I respect your guys opinions a bit more.

Much appreciated,

Paul

If you're considering a purchase of a bigger book like this you might consider a one month GPa subscription, lots of info there so it's a well spent ten bucks.

If you're considering a purchase of a bigger book like this you might consider a one month GPa subscription, lots of info there so it's a well spent ten bucks.

+1 This is good advice.

What issues are you missing other than #39 :baiting:

Last 1.0 sale was 800, last 1.5 sale was 800, last 1.8 sale was 950.

Thank you very much, thats very helpful I can see the Missus' face now... (tsk)

Collect 1-99. Go big.....or go home.

Yes Sir (worship) Would be a lovely idea, lets see how the money goes lol

What issues are you missing other than #39 :baiting:

What are you selling ;)

Oh I am missing loads, I have not been in a position to start collecting seriously until recently, so what was once a 'pick things up off eBay now and again' has gone a bit mad. In the last two weeks I have spent over £400 on only two comics. I am naturally attracted to really expensive things.

Anywho, I have a large amount of the cheaper 69-99, so am going to start the other end and start picking up gold-armour copies.

I am so jaded...I see a book for less than a $1000 bucks, what with the books I'm now after to complete my HG sets, and I think...wow...that's cheap! :insane:lol

I am so jaded...I see a book for less than a $1000 bucks, what with the books I'm now after to complete my HG sets, and I think...wow...that's cheap! :insane:lol

lol tell me about it. I was seriously considering buying that 1.0 because I had the same thought process... :insane:

#39 is easy, you just need money, try finding the early stuff living in the UK :insane:

Tell me about it, it's hard enough finding comic shops that have much more than the standard longboxes of £2 back issues, I don't see a lot of decent grade silver age stuff around where I live.

A used bookstore by me has a ToS 23 for about 35 though its definitely low grade probably a 2.5 at the very best. Still, being as I have no ToS above the Cap/IM stories I thought it might be neat to pick up as my first pre-hero comic book. What do you all think, does it sound like a decent purchase?