• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper is the New Black . . .

59 posts in this topic

:banana:

I'm falling in love with Copper books again. Pure nostalgia. :cloud9:

I'm picking up the most drek-tacular Copper collection very soon. Darkhawk, Sleepwalker and other more popular friends.

Not a sales advertisement, I'm just really excited.

ok let's get this straight............... Darkhawk is not drek!!!!!! :baiting:

I mean it in an endearing way, if that makes sense. Heck, I even started the Darkhawk appreciation thread. I think I'll lay off the drek talk (although there are some TERRIBLE later issues).

Oh look. Books that were supahot 25 years ago are now becoming supahot collectibles. You don't say. I really wish someone would have predicted this, and told me to start buying those books. :whee:

I'm wondering how the 90s will be treated. hm

Oh look. Books that were supahot 25 years ago are now becoming supahot collectibles. You don't say. I really wish someone would have predicted this, and told me to start buying those books. :whee:

Watch when Spawn becomes a hit TV show, movie and iPod app that gives you directions to every location that Todd McFarlane loved eating at throughout his career.

$100, here we come!

:ohnoez:

like a red-headed step child.

Yep, Batman Adventures #12 sure is being treated like a red-headed step child. :baiting:

lol

Yep, Batman Adventures #12 sure is being treated like a red-headed step child. :baiting:

lol

hey I love BA 12, but one book doesn't make a decade.

:banana:

I'm falling in love with Copper books again. Pure nostalgia. :cloud9:

I'm picking up the most drek-tacular Copper collection very soon. Darkhawk, Sleepwalker and other more popular friends.

Not a sales advertisement, I'm just really excited.

I picked up 7 long boxes of Copper boxes today and I still have 6 more next month...It's good to know it's sought after...I have to go through it all. Should be interesting.

Everyone send me your want lists....There are no keys but lots of duplicates and variant covers !

lol

Already happening. BA 12, Man of Steel 17, 18, Superman 75. Spawn 9, Valiant books.

You want some free advice? Double down on 1997-2001 Marvels. You can buy them for literally pennies now - although the prices are climbing - and their time is coming. Miniscule print runs (25,000 for Amazing Spider-Man!) and genuinely difficult to find in grade because of the weird paper.

It's amazing how it works. I was buying what are now copper books off the stands 20+ years ago. But they were just throwaways to me, never bagged & boarded them. I saved that for my SA & BA.

Example, ASM 300. Hated that book when it came out. Never bought it.

Now, I love that book, it's one of my all time favorite depictions of spidy.

That's one of the things I love about collecting comics, you can never really run out of stuff collect.

Already happening. BA 12, Man of Steel 17, 18, Superman 75. Spawn 9, Valiant books.

You want some free advice? Double down on 1997-2001 Marvels. You can buy them for literally pennies now - although the prices are climbing - and their time is coming. Miniscule print runs (25,000 for Amazing Spider-Man!) and genuinely difficult to find in grade because of the weird paper.

Which issues of ASM were that low? hm

IIRC Amazing Spider-Man (2nd Series) 22 - 29 had some seriously low print runs

IIRC Amazing Spider-Man (2nd Series) 22 - 29 had some seriously low print runs

I can remember flipping them for $15 - $30 apiece a few years ago on eBay consistently. The LCSs were well stocked with them so it was easy money. lol

Same thing happened with the Batman #612 2nd print - I can remember two of the owners asking me why I was grabbing all of their copies at cover.

lol

Most stores display their new releases standing up. The 1997-2001 Marvel would flop over the racks bending at the middle because the paper stock had so much give. Lots of ruined spines.

lol

What a wealth of knowledge that Mr Donut has (thumbs u