• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age Slabbed and Raw

7 posts in this topic

Insured priority shipping is $15 on the slabs and $8 on the raw book. :takeit: rules. No HOSers or probies. Time payments available - 10% paid within a week, and the balance in three months or less. I will ship internationally, but only insured, for whatever it costs to do so.

3% discount if paid by check or m.o. - shipped immediately upon receipt if you are a boardie in good standing.

HUMAN TORCH 20

CGC 6.5 Apparent O/W to White

Final Schomburg war cover. Only very slight pro resto on this copy. I bought it slabbed, but it looks like it may be relegated to a small area in the M in the logo and maybe a spot or two on the U. I can't see the tear seal,unless it's the little one next to the top of the tube above Subby. I can't say for sure this is all there is, but CGC label reads " small amount of color touch on cover, tear seal to cover". It's a shame as this copy looks like it would have graded the same without it. Comiclink sticker on back of slab.

$550

HT20_zps81ceec56.jpg

HT20LABEL_zps95c9f3d7.jpg

HT20BC_zps0e571944.jpg

CAPTAIN AERO V.4 #2 ( 16)

G+ copy due to a 3" spine split at the bottom.

Schomburg Japanese War cover, rated a Gerber 8, and definitely not a common book! The single staple is still holding on at the back, but there is a tear at the front. Non colorbreaking center crease with a small tear a top. The bottom and top of the interior pages are tanning, but they are supple. Colors are strong, but my scanner makes the reds look orange.

$165

Captaero16_zps91aab47a.jpg

Captaero16bc_zpscd3cb046.jpg

Pocket #4 with a Black Cat and Nazis cover. Scarce digest size Harvey, as they all are.

Lower grade copy with rich glossy inks, but unfortunately some brittleness and chipping at corners. I've flipped through the book several times and nothing additional flakes off, but it is clear that pieces have chipped off the corners of a number of pages, and even the edges in a couple places. I've included photos of a couple of bigger ones, along with a 1" tear in the centerfold Red Blazer splash. The top staple has a tear along the front, but is still held on in the back.

$250

pocket004_zps5f08a9b3.jpg

pocketBC004_zps0b035939.jpg

IMG_0322_zps0d8182ad.jpg

IMG_0316_zpsb0f0b6dd.jpg

IMG_0317_zpsf001b09c.jpg

Only $6 shipping on these two.

True Secrets #3

G/VG due to back cover flaws - a couple 1 inch tears and 1/2" x 3/4 " piece out. Eye -appeal is better than grade. Cream pages.

The first issue of the title, great Atlas Romance 52 pager from 1950.

$18

TrueSecrets003_zps6a913f33.jpg

Donald Duck FOUR COLOR #238

G+ general wear, but solid with Cream pages.

The Carl Barks Zombie story "Voodoo Hoodoo" was long banned by Disney from being reprinted due to the portrayal of racist stereotypes.

$18

voodoohoodoo008.jpg

Pocket #4 with a Black Cat and Nazis cover. Scarce digest size Harvey, as they all are.

Lower grade copy with rich glossy inks, but unfortunately some brittleness and chipping at corners. I've flipped through the book several times and nothing additional flakes off, but it is clear that pieces have chipped off the corners of a number of pages, and even the edges in a couple places. I've included photos of a couple of bigger ones, along with a 1" tear in the centerfold Red Blazer splash. The top staple has a tear along the front, but is still held on in the back.

$250

Good price on your Pocket 4. I've got the run and #4 was the hardest for me to find.