• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange Tales 120-135, hard to find?

21 posts in this topic

Is anyone else collecting this run? I can't seem to find many copies in high grade..eBay is basically worthless for this series..I've only been able to find some on Heritage. Are these books just really tough to find or am I the only one looking for them? frown.gif

Brian

Well, they are the first 15-20 issues of Dr. Strange, that might have something to do with it. Also, REALLY bad covers. Try Harley Yee - he might have high grade copies.

Strange Tales 119 is my call for the single worst cover in the history of Marvel Comics, and a lot of them have just too much stuff going on. I'm into simplicity, striking imagery and clarity on covers, but that's just me.

Yeah, tough run. #135 is particularly tough, being that it's a key.

I like the Torch covers, but not the ones with the good doctor. He's a lame character IMO, and has never struck a good image.

But one of my all-time favorite Silver Age covers is Strange Tales #107. That's a classic! You'd think you were looking at a Timely.

Only one with Torch still in the title?

He had a blurb on all of them, picture on most, and had nearly as much cover space as 133 on several others (#121, 126, 128 spring to mind) , #123 where he faces off with Loki he gets half the cover and #130 he's got more space than the torch.

But #146 is still the only full Ditko cover (and no Nick Fury anywhere on it).

As for the other question.

Don't recall doing any shows in Tampa, did Orlando and Miami a few times, and some small ones in TN, SC and NC as well as here in Atlanta - plus all the biggies (NY, Chicago and San Diego)

cool, you looked a little familiar from the small pic There was a dealer who used to do it from Georgia who used to bring a lot of high grade silver/bronze right around the time it started to explode. also had lots of sc-fi toys though it was worth a shot!

your right sean, my bad, i was thinking STT 146...now go and pat yourself on the back. sorry to hear about your sad story but it was a nice argones story BTW. wink.gifsmile.gif STT 122 has the cool ditko dr. strange inset in the red background

I like the Torch covers, but not the ones with the good doctor. He's a lame character IMO, and has never struck a good image.

Shame on you AK, thats boardering on blasphemy.

Ditko's Doctor Strange was AWESOME. On of the best runs from the silver age.

I've got 2 issues for sale.

#121 in CGC 6.0 FN - Cream to Off-White pages, Steve Ditko & Ayers art, cover with Human Torch, and Dr. Strange

#129 in CGC 9.0 VF/NM - Cream to Off-White pages, Steve Ditko & Ayers art, cover has Johnny Storm and the Thing. (Big Apple pedigree)

PM or email me if anyone is interested!