• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Two-on-One?

30 posts in this topic

I'm sure it's been brought up in here before (what hasn't been brought up on these boards), but I feel like being chastised and ridiculed tonight so I'm going to ask the question anyway:

Has anyone ever noticed that Marvel Two-in-One #1 actually says "Marvel Two-on-One" in the upper left-hand corner? I've been back into collecting comics for almost 12 years now and it took me until today to notice that. I performed a search in here but can only go back 2 years. Even a Google search turned up nothing.

Let the admonishment begin! :ohnoez:

I'm sure it's been brought up in here before (what hasn't been brought up on these boards), but I feel like being chastised and ridiculed tonight so I'm going to ask the question anyway:

Has anyone ever noticed that Marvel Two-in-One #1 actually says "Marvel Two-on-One" in the upper left-hand corner? I've been back into collecting comics for almost 12 years now and it took me until today to notice that. I performed a search in here but can only go back 2 years. Even a Google search turned up nothing.

Let the admonishment begin! :ohnoez:

tumblr_mrm815hFfx1qk4464o1_250.gif

Geez, I only have about 600 of these, and I never noticed that . . . :o:insane:

Not here: hm Was it fixed before #2?

mtio30as.jpg

Yeah...it was fixed on issue #2 and on. Issue #1 was the only one that had that error.

It's actually good to know that other long time boardies hadn't noticed that either. I feel better now. lol

I just had the idea to check out the Grand Comics Database and see if there was any kind of notation about this error. Sure enough, in the Indexer Notes for issue #1, it says "As pointed out in the Marvel No-Prize Book, the title to the left of "Marvel Comics Group" in the black band across the top of the cover says "Marvel Two-On-One"."

So I grabbed one of my copies of the Marvel No-Prize Book #1 (mighty Marvel's most massive mistakes, printed in Jan. 1983) and it talks about this error on page 19. I'm going to read through that whole book and see what other interesting Marvel errors I can find up to that time. hm

:popcorn:

Oh, you want more Marvel gaffes eh? Here's a few (some better known, some lesser known)...

1) Stan calls Peter Parker "Peter Palmer" not once but twice in ASM #1.

2) Stan calls Spider-Man "Super-Man" in ASM #3.

3) Betsy Ross is referred to as Betsy Brant in both TTA #61 and #62.

4) Hawkeye talks about his "powerful gloved hands" in TOS #57 (he doesn't have gloves on in that panel and never did wear gloves).

5) The Angel was called Scott throughout X-Men #36. Scott (Summers) was actually Cyclops.

:popcorn:

Oh, you want more Marvel gaffes eh? Here's a few (some better known, some lesser known)...

1) Stan calls Peter Parker "Peter Palmer" not once but twice in ASM #1.

2) Stan calls Spider-Man "Super-Man" in ASM #3.

3) Betsy Ross is referred to as Betsy Brant in both TTA #61 and #62.

4) Hawkeye talks about his "powerful gloved hands" in TOS #57 (he doesn't have gloves on in that panel and never did wear gloves).

5) The Angel was called Scott throughout X-Men #36. Scott (Summers) was actually Cyclops.

My favorite is the panel where Professor X tells the Beast telepathically not to reveal his true identity and then proceeds to say his name out loud.

The Marvel No-Prize Book was a fun read.

I noticed the Marvel Two-On-One error the first time I saw the comic.

DG

I knew the ASM and TTA ones but not the other.more would be fun...and I have an over street funny I'll dig up.

Jimmers

Moar coming soon. (thumbs u

Here's some more:

1) In X-men #28, Marvel Girl levitates what she calls pliers to the Beast. Only problem is it's a screwdriver. :insane:

2) Mr. Fantastic stretches his right arm out to get his baby in FF #88 but it's shown with a left hand. :eek:

3) In one panel in Avengers #2, the Hulk's left foot is drawn with only 3 toes instead of 5.

4) The Grim Reaper amazingly grows a right hand in the panel just before it returns to his normal hook/scythe in Avengers #160.

5) In the last panel of TOS #74, Captain America is shown parachuting out of a plane. The artist forgot to add the parachute in the first panel of TOS #75.

3) In one panel in Avengers #2, the Hulk's left foot is drawn with only 3 toes instead of 5.

meh Hulk has only three toes on the cover (on both feet) of both Avengers 1 & 2 (yawn). That was how Jack wanted him to look.