• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should this comic be restored

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,I have this Masked Marvel #1 for some years now and would like your opinion on wether or not this comic would be worth more restored or in its current condition do to its rarity

Thanks,

Joeno3

[ MASKEDMARVEL1.jpg[/img]

I wouldn't restore that book unless it is falling apart or has some defect that will result in rapid deterioration of the book, such as scotch tape or staining. I can't see anything in the scan that would cause me to want to restore it though.

So are you saying that this book would be valued higher in this condition? Other than what you see on the front cover this book is in pretty decent shape for a 1940 publication. The cover is still attached. , pages offwhite

Thanx

I wouldn't restore that book unless it is falling apart or has some defect that will result in rapid deterioration of the book, such as scotch tape or staining. I can't see anything in the scan that would cause me to want to restore it though.

Piece replacement... gossip.gif

If it's for the money on a flip, no.

If you want a nice reader with the piece replaced and the tape removed then yes, if it's a rare big $$$ book and you'll probably never get a nicer copy.

If it's for the money on a flip, no.

If you want a nice reader with the piece replaced and the tape removed then yes, if it's a rare big $$$ book and you'll probably never get a nicer copy.

I missed the tape on the spine. I thought that was part of the artwork.

The tape should be removed. It will destroy the comic book if it is left there.

NO But it depends on what you want to do with it. As it is, this book is only worth about $80. The rule of thumb for restoration candidates is that they should be worth at least $1000 in the condition they are already in.

Clearly this doesn't fit the bill. But, if it is near and dear to you, then by all means, spend whatever money you can afford to. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks I checked CGC's registry and found only 6 to date that have been graded. Do you think it would be worth slabbing to get a better price? I don't think it would be more than a 1.5 . I value your opinions.

Thanks,

Joeno3