• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sunday Sunday Sunday

17 posts in this topic

or Cowboys Vs. Eagles

As much as I loathe Bagofleas for sending out his critters of destruction to destroy my chances of winning the coveted top spot for the New Mutants two years in a row. I now have to hear Screenwriter3D talk up his vaunted Dallas Cowboys. I mean seriously how does this man call himself a New Yorker and cheer for such a vile despicable excuse of a football team. At least I love my home town team no matter how bad they suck, but the gauntlet has been thrown.

Our two teams are tied in first place for the NFC East. Of course they are tied at 3-3 respectively, unlike Andy Reid's new team of 6-0. I love hearing my fellow Philadelphians squawk about that one. Let's face it, that's why they say Any Given Sunday...I think. I'll be honest, I'm not a stats kind of guy. I don't know my sports since I never paid attention to my father try to get me to sit next to him and watch the game. Nope, I wanted to go okay with my Star Wars figures.

As time went by I had an excuse to watch sports. I had a son and I felt that if he ever wanted to know about them I wanted to teach him. I began my sports journey some twenty years ago. My father finally shed a tear, his boy would put away those lousy comic books and begin talking home runs, touchdowns, and goals. Of course it didn't happen like that.

I started to watch sports more often and now I am at a point of take it or leave it. For instance last weekend I would have rather been exactly where I was, at the NYCC instead of watching football. Of course my father was watching the game. And if you want to know stats, he's the person to ask.

Anything can happen within the allotted time limit of any sport, especially football, including the Eagles decimating the Cowboys. A friend of mine (he's dead now) and I always bet on the Eagles games. I always picked my favorite team while he picked the opposition. The wager, a $1 per game. I was up six dollars after four years, then he passed away.

Since then I have never found a sucker since, until now. The vaunted Screenwriter3d will go down. His love for Angela will have him seeing Heaven while his team goes through Hell as he realizes how bad he will lose.

So here is what I propose Mr Screenwriter, the loser for one day at NYCC 2014, or a show we will both be at if before the NYCC arrives (provided I am not working for cgc) has to be the spot holder for getting signature series books done. IF you win, I will wait with you and either run back to CGC to get a witness or wait in line for you to do so, but WHEN I win you will do the same for me. This is not valid for Saturday since I feel that will be our busiest day. What say you?

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

Ps. The he's dead now was a reference my friend would use while telling me a story, and if the story told was about a deceased colleague or buddy, he would follow with "He's dead now." I felt it only proper since I told a story about him, I would honor his memory and throw the terminology in because, well, um...he's dead now.

14467.jpeg

See more journals by Tnerb

Spawn #9: 1st appearance of Angela!

Curse of the Spawn #9: Origin of Angela!

Dallas Cowboy's Jersey #9: Quarterback Tony Romo's number!

As I see it... that holy trinity... the 9's have it! Nine! Nine! Nine!

I accept your wager!... Even going as far as predicting the Cowboys will beat the Eagles by 9 points or more!

So let's do it! Let's bring it on! My Cowboys against your Eagles... and they'll decide our fates! My 5 SuperBowl Rings against your... your? How many rings? Oh yeah... that's right!... NADA! ZERO! ZILCH!

Maybe we call this throwdown: NYComicCon 2014: The battle of SW3D vs. Tnerb! Signature Series Madness and Gopher for a day! Saturday need not apply!

Let the games begin!

SW3D

Let the side bets begin!!!!

This is hilarious! I was never into Pro footbal until the last three years or so. I was always big into College football, being that I live in Tallahassee, Florida, home of the FSU Seminoles, who should have no problem beating Clemson tomorrow!

WAR CHANT!!!!!!

Anyway, I like the whole idea of making comic book or CGC based bets with each other on sports games!

Let's see if anyone else wants to throw bets out there with each other!

:slapfight:

And the gauntlet is dropped. Being a Raiders fan.... yeah it gets hard from time to time to type that, I know the agony of defeat. Huge NFL fan and looking forward to seeing my Raiders take on the Cowgirls on Thanksgiving day at the AT&T stadium. I'll be the one in section 132 wearing the old Legion of Doom wrestling pads painted up in Black and Silver. Raider Nation baby.....

Sorry I got carried away for a moment. I do have to say the FSU Clemson game looks like it should be fun, but seriously, your going with FSU over Clemson :baiting: The same Clemson team who has been tested by UGA... Yeah I'm going with the ACC school lookin buff and not full of fluff....

Sir if you would like a Saturday challenge I'm game.

Clemson over FSU

P.S. Please don't send the fleas to my house, i'm not hoe to protect my stash...

lol.

I can promise you one thing.

FSU will win by 10 to 14 points! I may be an FSU fan, but I am a realistic FSU fan.

Trust me when I tel you, FSU defense is no longer under Stoops, with his same-every-play scheme. Our new defensive scheme is specifically designed to stop spread offenses, which us Clemson's bread and butter.

Put pressure on Boyd and he has consistently made huge mistakes with the ball. And we WILL put pressure on him. Winston is the real deal! He is one of those rare athletes that steps UP under pressure rather than shrinks. He sees it as he time to show you what he can do, not that he better do good or people will be pissed.

The score at halftime will be close. FSU may even be behind by up to a touchdown. But we have once again become a second half force to be reckoned with! We will dominate the second half!

My score prediction? FSU 38 Clemson 28

So there!

lol

:devil:

I don't know, I mean Vic Beasley and Tony Steward have been on point and may have Winston staring off into the sky from his back. The kids a good Freshman standout but he has only played the likes of who.... oh yeah Boston and a 25th ranked Maryland who should have never been in their in the first place. Aside from that they have yet to be tested by a quality Defensive minded team.

Say what you want about Georgia this year but their SEC defensive play was pretty damn good. FSU on the other hand padded the schedule for the beginning of the year and are finally hitting a stride where they will play Clemson, Miami , and close it out against their good old friends the Gators.

Big thing, your going into Death Valley this year, no home field comeback this time around.

Oh yeah, and I like comics too.... figured we went way off into left field with this one.

Yes we did!

lol

But that's ok. I promise not to send the Fleas after you. After all, if I had to send them out after every person who was against FSU, I would run out of Fleas! They're highly trained, you know.

We will see what happens at game time. We are favored by 3 on the road against a team that has consistently beaten us in Death Valley in this rivalry. I think this game will break that trend, but we will see.

As far as comics go, here is where my invoices stand:

4 Received

1 Verified

5 Graded

9 in process at CCS

1 on way to CGC now

I will keep everyone up to date!

Hey Guys, stop with this underrated college football. Let's face it these guys play because they needed to help from their S.A.T. scores. Let me know when you want to talk about real football...like this Sunday's Cowboys and Eagles game, then we can talk about real football...or or maybe talk about two football teams that should probably play in the college level so they win more games.

Tnerb

:whee:

Yeah I figured. We went from CGC, Comics, and turn around times to ESPN. Oh well. Either way it will all be decided in a few short hours. This Sunday's big ticket game though is still the Bronco's and the Colt's but yeah right about now I'm gonna have to give the edge to SW3D. I don't normally ever go for the Cowboys but they put on one heck of a game against the Bronco's. Tony Romo just did what he is notorious for is all.

Anyways to at least try to get us back, this whole conversation actually made me want to look this one up:

$T2eC16F,!)EE9s2ufGqzBRzHmTUrB!~~60_12.JPG

I remember actually owning a raw one of this and enjoying it.

Whoooooooo Hooooooooo!!!!!!!!

I don't know about the first half, but that is even better than I thought!!!

Jameis Winston is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!

Even with an interception and a slew of penalties for over 70 yards, we are KILLING Clemson at the half! I told you that if you put pressure on Boyd, he FOLDS!!

GO FSU!!!!!!

^^

You like that huh? I figured it was about that time to bust out the ole' SuperPro comic on here. Can't have a conversation about Football without having a reference to it. Figured comics have a little something for everyone.

As for the game, yep you certainly got what you wanted and way more. (worship) I bow down to your team for this week. They truly put on a hell of a show.

It was and still is a fun game to watch even for a blow out.

The flea circus must have made a trip to Death Valley.

FSU title shot??? Sounds like a solid ^^ to me

As for the comic, I too purchased it when it came out. It was the first comic I remember hearing a mention about how valuable it might be...yea, right up there with copies of The Toxic Avenger.

National championship, HERE WE COME!!!!!!!

Sorry, getting ahead of myself.

I too owned that particular comic, but don't really remember too much about it. I think it was part of my original collection when I sold it all, but not sure.

Thanks for giving me the edge! I didn't want to comment until the game was over and done with... No jinxing need apply.

17-3... not the score I was expecting. I honestly thought it was going to be a very close game, down to the wire since both teams know each other well. But I am so happy the Cowboys won, have taken 1st place, and all on Romo's 100th Game!

Now I gotta figure out what signatures and long lines I could exploit!

Let me know if you need a signature or two... I'll get my helper on it! :)

NYCC 2014 is gonna be great!!!

SW3D