• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel blanks for color - your opinion on the new ones, and where do you shop

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys, so I've just now gotten inspired to get a sketch cover done (up to now I only have blue labels and some yellow signatures). I'm going to go for a jam with copic colors (shooting for the stars right out the gate). After doing some research it seems that people prefer these for color works:

Avengers #1 First Print

X-Men #1

Marvels Project #1

Dark Avengers #1

I'm planning on getting an X-Men themed sketch, specifically something with a character from Battle of the Atom. Now I've heard the new ones hold color decently, but I was wondering how they compare to the ones listed above.

I was looking at the Battle of the Atom blank, and it's crazy to me how much less space it has than the bloody X-Men 1 blank. The Battle of the Atom logo takes up the top part of the page, then the red bar at the bottom takes up more... What do you guys think? Is that not a big deal to you? It's not that I need the whole page, it's just that it doesn't look as good to me than the simple X-men 1.

Lastly, since I'm pretty set on the X-Men 1, where do you guys get back issue blanks in good condition? Unfortunately I don't really have access to comic stores so I generally get my stuff online. But trying to get NM+ comics on Ebay never works out for me :P

Order from Midtown comics. The new ones are fine, just as good if not better than the old. Mark Brooks for instance won't work on the older xmen blanks after using the good marvel now blanks (not ironman, Deadpool, or uncanny avengers). Same goes for a few other artists I know.

Hope that helps. Feel free to drop me a PM anytime to chat or if you ave any other questions.

Doug