• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The $18,000 Windfall List - What Would You Do If You Had $18K for Comics?

105 posts in this topic

Detective 27 in any grade. :cloud9:

18K done.

Yes, for someone who is after a real BIG BOY TOY this is the level we should expect.

Having a tec27 instrad of af15 is like having the diamond from the titanic rather than a cool signed baseball from ones favorite baseball player in the 60ties. Much rarer and with an entirely different historical significance.

and... of course it is only human to talk up the comics one already has..so we will see many wanting a book (perhaps in a higher grade) than they already have.

Finally books like af15 are more on peoples mind and wish liet simply because it seems within reach. There are many af15s qnd and many boarders already have one but having a tec27 almost seems not worth contemplating because very very few of us will ever have the chance to own one.

I like this game. :headbang: I would try and fill some holes in my collection. Get the highest grades my $18,000 could get me.

TOS 39

AF 15

Avengers 4

Showcase 4

Showcase 22

FF 48

Showcase 17

ASM 129

Action 242

Action 252

Avengers 1

BB 28

If I had 18k kicking around I didn't need I'd be more likely to buy something like this. Ofcourse I'd have to finance the other half.

hppp_1003_01_z_1967_pontiac_gto_back.jpg

That isn't a comic book... this entire thread is if you had $18K to blow on a comic book.

:D

-slym

Well since I wouldn't blow 18k on a comic book (because that's just silly) I didn't have anything else to add.

If I suddenly had $18K, I wouldn't either. I have bills, mortgage, etc. The point is - pretend time - because most of us don't HAVE $18K to spend freely on comics. That's what makes this an exercise in just having fun.

So if this helps, let's call it "store credit" to an amazing comic book shop with everything you could want. ;)

AF #15 5.0

ASM #14 8.0

ASM #50 9.2

GSXM #1 9.2

TMNT #1 7.0

Those would be my top 5

I actually don't care to own a ASM #1 don't like the cover. (don't really care for FF) lol

GREAT LIST!

I'd rather own a FF #5 over FF #1!

:applause: