• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who do you order your subscriptions through?

11 posts in this topic

First let me send out a warm and hearty thank you to everyone that posts on this site. Being new to collecting CGC comics (started in 2011) I've learned a lot from everyone's posts on this site, and it's certainly appreciated!

Now, it's been a while but I've finally found two series I want to suscribe monthly to - East of West and Guardians of the Galaxy. I like them each enough to want to have a raw of each issue (I'll still buy variants on the side). I'd like to order a subscription to them because I don't always have access to comic stores.

So, where do you guys order your subscriptions to? On average what condition do the comics arrive at your house? Do you ever luck out with 9.6/9.8 worthy comics?

Dre (Beachbum) provides an amazing CGC 9.8 subscription service.

He recently stopped pulling Image books though due to flippers making all the money out of his hard work. If you just want raws, it might be worth sending him a PM.

Thanks for the info guys, I came across Cole Mine Comics while search for CGC services, and it's good to hear someone vouch for them. $35 is a pretty good deal.

Yeah, I'm more looking for raws so I'll talk to Beachbum about that, thanks!

And Stryfe, that Jean Grey is crazy good. First time I saw it while looking through the Best of the Best site it was like being slapped in the face lol.

If you are looking for quality raws at a good price, i would recommend www.dcbservice.com . Their mail order subscription is amazing -usually around 40% off retail! and the discount doesn't matter how much you buy. Everything is ordered and paid for in advance, thus the cheap price. You can order variants in advance, too, and their prices on those are spot on.

I used dcbservice for a few years when there wasn't an LCS worth going to. Comic arrived in great condition, and if there was a damaged one they replace it really quickly.

I order all of my comics through Midtown Comics and they have always arrived safely. Of course, I am just a collector and not into analyzing comics to find a 9.8

Thanks for the info guys, I came across Cole Mine Comics while search for CGC services, and it's good to hear someone vouch for them. $35 is a pretty good deal.

Yeah, I'm more looking for raws so I'll talk to Beachbum about that, thanks!

And Stryfe, that Jean Grey is crazy good. First time I saw it while looking through the Best of the Best site it was like being slapped in the face lol.

Thanks. She's my pride and joy.

Or at least she will be once she eventually gets back from CGC.

DCBS for pre-order raws. They pack well but I always opt for the mylars w/ fullbacks for all the books as they don't slide around in the bags at all. Only problem being is they use current size which I hate, but still a great option. At 40-55% off retail they are the way to go.