• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Had to give up comics in June, now I'm ready to resume collecting.

9 posts in this topic

I'm not sure how I should go about it though.

I'm doing a bit better than I was a few months ago financially, but not enough to just go out & buy up everything that I missed however.

Luckily, I only collect about ten titles, so I'm not THAT far behind, but still...

So, should I just buy the first couple of months of each title that I've missed or completely catch up on a couple of titles at a time?

I'm interested in hearing what you guys would do in the same situation if your funds were limited.

Thanks much for your replies.

- Jim

I'd only collect back issues at a rate that didn't strain my budget.

If you subscribe, please communicate your situation with the comic shop. They can work with you. I've seen so many people stick comic shops with hundreds of dollars worth of extra stock because they were too ashamed to say that their budget was strained.

DG

As other have pointed out, I would strongly consider buying the trades instead of single issues. No bags/boards, they display well, and they are much cheaper. I also hate waiting month to month to read a small piece of a bigger story.

Welcome back to comics. :)

I'd buy trades for the ones you missed then restart your monthly subscriptions.

Lets say for example you collected The Walking Dead and the last issue you bought was 102. Get Vol 18 of the TPB which has 103-108 and wait for Vol 19 to come out in a few weeks which collects 109-114, and pick up the current issue which is 115 and start getting monthly from then on.

If you don't need to read the monthly issues just want for Vol 20 of the trades. I like getting the monthly though so I can keep up on the story. But it's pretty easy for me, I only get TWD, Chew, and TMNT monthly.