• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any help on the following would be greatly appreciated! Creasing :(

4 posts in this topic

Downgrade for creasing on the back? If so, by how much?

Thor #263

As part of a very small batch of books recently purchased,

8 copies of the same book have these creases on the back

(the amount of creasing is different on each of the 8 copies)

These books from the front and inside look like they were cherry-picked from the shelves- ranging from 9.4 to 9.8... but what grade might I suspect from cgc with creases present on the back?

I can imagine someone thinking that they were pressed but I bought them from someone who had purchased them new and stored away.

If this happened during the print process/binding of the book would it count against the grade?

Thanks in advance-

or if there is a link I should read- anything would help.

-Michael

sample of the worst one below-

the others are only single creased and not as severe-

09b.jpg

Downgrade for creasing on the back? If so, by how much?

Thor #263

As part of a very small batch of books recently purchased,

8 copies of the same book have these creases on the back

(the amount of creasing is different on each of the 8 copies)

These books from the front and inside look like they were cherry-picked from the shelves- ranging from 9.4 to 9.8... but what grade might I suspect from cgc with creases present on the back?

I can imagine someone thinking that they were pressed but I bought them from someone who had purchased them new and stored away.

If this happened during the print process/binding of the book would it count against the grade?

Thanks in advance-

or if there is a link I should read- anything would help.

-Michael

sample of the worst one below-

the others are only single creased and not as severe-

09b.jpg

Nope those are printers creases, Up to 9.8 they do not count. Super common on those early 80s marvel books.