• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Books You Wish You Still Had

11 posts in this topic

I jumped on the CGC bandwagon right away...and if you remember, there was a serious arbitrage opportunity there for about 9 months. I have never been into comics for the $$...but when I found I was able to get many times for a book that I had purchased not 6 months earlier...it was a little hard to not take advantage, especially since I couldn't read the books anymore (yes...I read these prior to slabbing). Either way...I do sort of miss some of these books. What books do you miss?

With the proceeds from the Hulk 181 I went out and bought a stack of high grade EC's, among other things. Still have most of those!

P.S. Still looking for an image of the Silver Surfer #4 I had in 9.4. One of the great covers of all time.

181.jpg

HOS92.jpg

I miss a lot of the books I sold, but I miss these the most.

action1CGC75.jpg

Is it me or do moderate and extensively restored comics are always seem graded much more strict? That looks to me better than 7.5.

I've been wondering this for some time now as well. That comic looks amazing, and the corners are sharp

Some amazing books you guys had there. (worship) The only one I'll probably miss was my Savage Sword of Conan #1 9.8. When I bought it I think there were 70 9.8's on the census. Should have checked before I went for it, but at the time the price seemed fair. Then I read in a thread on here that someone found an unopened case of them a while back. All mint. Sure enough, in the time I owned it (maybe a year?) there are now over 90 9.8's. I figured if I ever want any of my money back on it I'd better sell now. Still, with the fees to sell it, I ate about $100.00 on it. Always loved that cover though.