• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pocket Guide To China 1942a first edition

9 posts in this topic

I have here a beautiful copy of the scarce and sought after POCKET GUIDE TO CHINA which contains an 11 page mini-comic by Milton Caniff (creator of Steve Canyon and Terry and the Pirates) titled "HOW TO SPOT A JAP". Published by the U.S. Government Printing Office in 1942 for the War and Navy Departments. Story is focused on determining the difference between Japanese and Chinese when experienced in the field of battle. Controversial and ridden with stereotypes.

75 pages total. Pages are in excellent condition. Only slight wear to cover edges and corners, with a tiny bindery tear at top of spine far better than other copies I've seen. This book is CGC-able and other copies have been graded

I would like $250 neg

Also, it appears my pics are too large. I can email to any interested party

I'm really hoping this isn't a scam since I've been looking for a copy. You can post photo's by making a photobucket account. Then upload your pictures from your computer, after that click on the IMG marked label next to your uploaded picture.

@mhuber: It’s better to add the payment methods and shipping info in the initial post.

Also, I think it would really benefit the sale to add the pictures.

If you have already shoot them, you can upload them to an image hosting site like www.imgur.com which is very simple and immediate to use, and then if the web address of the picture shows a picture too large, it’s a snap to reduce it on the fly and provide a smaller version. This is an example: as you see, all it takes is adding or removing a letter to the URL ("m" stands for medium, etc.)

[img=http://i.imgur.com/NVqGY2Mh.jpg]

gives this result

NVqGY2Mh.jpg

[img=http://i.imgur.com/NVqGY2Mm.jpg]

gives this result

NVqGY2Mm.jpg