• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 Friggin' Halloween!

65 posts in this topic

My kiddos (supergirl and batgirl - we got an official bat woman costume but she wouldn't wear it)

10600874286_009827b036_z.jpg

Good Lord! Those are adorable kids.

Enjoy that. They'll be teenagers...like tomorrow!

I had a group of 25 kids all grouped together come to my door, lined up from door down my sidewalk to the street. I know for sure not a single one of them lived in my neighborhood. They wiped out 80% of my candy in one visit. :ohnoez: I felt like their parents had cheated our neighborhood for some reason when they left, but perhaps I'm overreacting. hm I guess I'll just buy 10 pounds of candy next year instead of 5 pounds. :makepoint:

It was gorgeous at our house. We just moved into a new neighborhood a few months ago so this was our first go with the area. From about 5:30 to 7:45 (when it started to rain) I probably handed out candy to 100 kids. Last year at the old place we had 2 total.

I handed out some free comics that were being given away in the For Sale thread and the kids loved it. It was raining and the kids were freaking out worrying about the books getting wet. I told them to keep em dry but as long as you can read them it cool. One kid came back again to get another book.

Here is my set up for the night with the 30 books ready to give away and then we had about 8 left over at the end of the night. The weather was windy and wet so we only had about 35 kids all night. The Simpsons books did very well even with the teen-age girls. The spell book contained an assortment of candy and made a witch sound when opened.

HalloweenComics1_zpsa4867785.jpg

HalloweenComics3_zpse66123e5.jpg