• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weekends Suck???

12 posts in this topic

Or Waiting for Change

My last change for my invoices occurred Friday evening. I knew there would be NO change to any of them over the weekend, but I checked anyway. Not including any that are currently at CCS or other means, I have four invoices at CGC. Two are currently marked graded. This means they will both take the back stop and be marked "Grading/Quality Control" next in the line up. I think it might be time to update the protocols they use and maybe have it be completed as the following.

Received

Verified

Scheduled

Grading

Graded

Quality Control

Cross Reference Check

Encapsulation

Shipped

As far as safe is concerned I never consider a book safe until it is in my hands. The above is still the process they use, but worded differently not to mention shorter times in each category would make it seem like the process is quicker. Sure, it's only an illusion, but illusionists are cool.

Out of the two invoices I have marked graded, one is an "economy tier" fast tracked (through CCS as well), and the other is a "modern tier" regular service. Both were dropped off at the Baltimore Comic Con. Apparently fast track is quicker, but is it a gimmick for more money. Could you imagine fast track services in other parts of your life, the movie theatre, a restaurant, or sporting event. I am patient and will occasionally use the fast track service again, but over all not as much. Of course I day that now.

Thanks for Reading?

Tnerb

Ps, as for clue number two, see below

14521.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

My 5 Modern Regular Signature Series dropped off in Baltimore have been "Graded" for a few days too. I also checked over the weekend just to be sure there wasn't a status change I missed either Friday evening or if the status board resets at midnight or something. Of course, I also wanted to check the journals for any more clues... Your second clue leads me to one guess but you don't currently have any of those in your registry at all so I may have to wait for the third clue to toss it out there.

My 5 Modern Regular Signature Series dropped off in Baltimore have been "Graded" for a few days too. I also checked over the weekend just to be sure there wasn't a status change I missed either Friday evening or if the status board resets at midnight or something. Of course, I also wanted to check the journals for any more clues... Your second clue leads me to one guess but you don't currently have any of those in your registry at all so I may have to wait for the third clue to toss it out there.

I would be interested in hearing your guess.

Very well, here's my guess cleverly cloaked in a Spoiler Warning, so no complaints other gunters*! Frankly I have limited confidence, but I'll give it a shot. It would definitely be a departure from what I think has been your collecting focus so far...

based on the two clues so far

1) formerly known as Timely

2) 29

The only Marvel series I am aware of that had 29 issues was Planet of the Apes magazine

* You should read Ready Player One

I hate the weekends as well. CGC goes nowhere, my pick-ups from ebay and such can't be mailed out until Monday, and then also have to watch as every Con slowly and painfully pass by. Speaking of at least this weeks Con (Alamo City Comic Con) went really well for me. Got my four issues of New Mutants signed by Rob Liefeld. Wish I would have seen that Joe Rubinstein was going to be their as well and then I could have had a few double Signatures but sadly he was a late addition. Also got something from the upcoming Uncanny X-Force/Cable and X-Force Artist Harvey Tolabio so I guess at least this weekend didn't suck to much.

Like you I have a few open invoices with CGC (11) and I guess I just added my first CCS and another CGC invoice with the Liefeld set. Most of it is AvX related, some X-Force vol. 3, and some All New X-Men...mostly moderns.

As for your newest Set... Wow, that's a hard one. Timely comics roots with emphasis on the number 29... yeah gonna have to wait on the next clue for this one.

As to the weekends sucking, I have to agree.

For all of us obsessed CGC collectors who do submissions, signings and/or sketches, there are only two main reasons for weekends to be cool.

1) We're attending an awesome con, with comics to be signed, submitted and bought

2) We're trying to win an auction for a CGC comic(s) that ends during the weekend.

Otherwise, CGC being closed means no possible status changes or progress of our submissions.

So we must divert our attentions by conversing with each other through chat boards, texting, phone calls or journals.

By the way, the vast influx of journals lately is wonderful!!! I love constantly having new things to read about in other collectors adventures in both comic books and life in general. We have had some lively discussions recently!

Let's keep it up everybody!

:applause:

I agree the number of increased journals, and first time writers, has been been great. I don't agree weekends suck...unless maybe you have to work the weekends. Thankfully I do not so I very much enjoy my weekends!

No idea where Tnerb is going with this new collecting focus but looking forward to hearing more. :)

sig.jpg

Business day 23 for me . My books are in suspended animation

NGC for coins is on time every time they rock!!

To me what CGC is totally unacceptable.

Here is your list with my real revisions

Received charged in full, then 2 days later they are verified

Verified yes we got paid

Scheduled when we get to it

Grading when we get to it

Graded

Quality Control well we will when we get back from the comic cons

Cross Reference Check, yup were done

Encapsulation get in line, hurry up and wait.

Shipped pre pay for registered mail from USPS and have fedex deliver it

I have been a cgc fan since the red lable as well as the short lived 9.5 for wizard. If you remember they also charge a 5 dollar handling charge. being a part of the collector society makes no difference what so ever as far as submissions. I would rather be told up front 10 business days really means you are paying more but are getting less of a service. How does that work? It really is a one way street. I am tired of hearing how hard it is to find graders. Guess what my work is hard too. But when I do my job I don't get paid until the job is complete. That's what angers me, you pay up front and are at their mercy.Really poor management. Poor planning.

The one thing they are great at and are on time every time is running that CREDIT CARD. They are at less than one day on that.