• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM, Avengers, Sgt Fury,Strange Tales, TOS,TTA, X-Men and more for sale

23 posts in this topic

I think his scans are pretty clear in terms of the defects of the books. If he calls a book a VG would it matter?

In some cases maybe it wouldn't matter, but there is a general expectation that grading should be reasonably precise, and some buyers look for certain specific grades as ruling out certain defects that scans alone may not capture. 2c

I agree that giving accurate grades is best all the way around. But if he is only comfortable giving the books general grade ranges then I'd rather he not pick a random grade just to fulfill the requirement. If he had poor scans then I think its critical for the seller to give accurate grades. Is the thought for him to not sell books until he can give an accurate grade?

I think as long as there are front and back scans (which some lack, notably the FF52) , a note on print quality, and a note on cover and centerfold attached status he could get away with the vague grading (since PQ and centerfolds cant be determined by the scan).

but only IF there is a very specific return policy, cause the vague grading leave the buyer with all the risk, so there should be a very liberal return policy to go with it.

He could have also described what his vague grading categories entailed.

(here are the grades currently assigned)

Lower grade =

Midgrade =

Strong Midgrade =

high midgrade =

higher midgrade =

lower midgrade =

high grade =

higher lowgrade =

lower high grade =

lol, were those really the grades?