• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Favorite Silver Age and Bronze Age Single Issue

31 posts in this topic

I was going through an old comic bin last night and found a few good reads. I had forgotten how great of a read ST135 was. Loved Stan's plot and Kirby's art was top notch. I thought this might be a fun thread. What is your favorite Silver Age and Bronze Age Story? (single issue story).

strangetales_zpsef903bd1.jpg

Here's another great bronze book read.

marveltwoinone_zpsd6f1a29e.jpg

Fantastic Four 51, This Man, This Monster.

Lee and Kirby at their peak, gripping story, done-in-one. It doesn't get much better than this in the Silver Age or any other age.

Honorable mention:

FF 45, introduction to the full pantheon of The Inhumans, first appearance of Black Bolt.

Lee and Kirby at their peak, gripping story, done-in-one. It doesn't get much better than this in the Silver Age or any other age.

Great story

Fantastic_Four_51.jpg

Great story

Fantastic_Four_51.jpg

This is also my favorite of the silver and bronze ages. Nothing comes remotely close to this classic IMO.

Hands down for me.

Scan10064.jpg

When I first came on here, this cover was your avatar Dave.

I thought that you must be a real cool guy to be using one of my favorite covers of all time.

I wasnt wrong (thumbs u

Hands down for me.

Scan10064.jpg

When I first came on here, this cover was your avatar Dave.

I thought that you must be a real cool guy to be using one of my favorite covers of all time.

I wasnt wrong (thumbs u

Aw shucks. :blush:

Yeah, the classic Spidey run, 31, 32, 33, may be my favorite STORY, even ahead of FF 51. Lee and Ditko at THEIR prime.

But favorite single issue? FF 51 still rules.

My favorite Silver Age Single Issue is Flash 123. Great story, great cover and one of the classics of the era that established the DC continuity that reverbates even down to the modern age.

My favorite Bronze Age book is Batman 232. It introduces one of the most compelling of all Batman villians and contains some great artwork.

Marvel Comics: I love Amazing Spiderman 16 for the great Daredevil Crossover.

I love Strange Tales 110 and 115. Dr. Strange is my favorite Marvel

character and 110 is the first appearance and 115 is the Origin tale.

And I have all 5 issues in my collection and I always will.

For me, I like FF 13 for SA and GL/GA 76 for BA....... If I have to choose. Other close ones are ASM Annual 1 and Swamp Thing 1....... so many good ones.... JIM 116...... Avengers 57..... ASM 7...... Thor 133...... FF 52...... X-MEN 59 ...... Conan 24 ...... B&B 86 ...... B&B 34 ...... SUPERMAN 141 ...... GL 8 ...... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Favorite?

Fantastic Four annual 6. And since I first read it as Giant-Size FF 6, it gets the "bronze" medal, too. It's just my fav, period.

Right, would be a good fight between FF #65 and Annual #6 for me.

Annual #6 of course it’s the importance of the story, the poignancy, but #65 to me has a truly special quality, beginning with that disturbing "shared" dream between them, and a quiet day is transformed in short in a mysterious, cosmic-scale event. And the characters are just at their outmost beauty here, including the humour of the Thing waiting out of the bathroom for the Torch to come out… :D

Just like most of you, the 1966-1967 issues of Fantastic Four are among my favorites including FF 51, 53, FF 65.

However, my single favorite has got to be the issue that got me into comic books in the first place: Fantastic Four 21:

FF21_Opening.JPG

Fantastic-Four-with-looks-of-hate.jpg

The twist at the end of the book, mixed with the positive message and moral of the story made for what stands as my favorite Silver Age book.

--------------------

Honorable Mention: Fantastic Four 5 (Chapter 3):

benlosthishead.jpg

spidey 33 is my favorite comic, any era, but is of course part of a 3-book arc. i have a tie for best stand-alone story book----spidey 20 and ff 51, with sarge 18 [death of pam] getting an honorable mention.