• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hellblazer starting to ramp up?

13 posts in this topic

Perhaps I should get the 180 set up to 200?

That's a good idea. You can get the more recent issues for next to nothing, and make the set that much more attractive.

Anybody know if they are going to base the movie on any of the Hellblazer arcs? Which one(s)?

(I know that they've changed alot from the original character, but haven't really heard the plot of the movie).

That's a good idea. You can get the more recent issues for next to nothing, and make the set that much more attractive.

Anybody know if they are going to base the movie on any of the Hellblazer arcs? Which one(s)?

(I know that they've changed alot from the original character, but haven't really heard the plot of the movie).

Supposedly, the plot is based on Garth Ennis' first story arc - with Con-Job getting cancer & facing the 'first-fallen.' (around issues 41-45)

Supposedly, the plot is based on Garth Ennis' first story arc - with Con-Job getting cancer & facing the 'first-fallen.' (around issues 41-45)

"Dangerous Habits". That's the best arc of all, IMO. Loved that one! 893applaud-thumb.gif

"Dangerous Habits". That's the best arc of all, IMO. Loved that one! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Great stuff.

As I recall, Johnny gave 'the fallen' the finger on the last page of that storyline. Ennis arrived with a bang - good times during his entire run, IMO. thumbsup2.gif

Ennis arrived with a bang - good times during his entire run, IMO. thumbsup2.gif

Could not agree more. At that point, I was buying Hellblazer just out of sheer inertia, and was about ready to give it up, because it had been so lame for so long. Ennis came on, Constantine was a bad [!@#%^&^] again, the stories were awesome and filled with some really twisted stuff, and bang, it was the top of my stack to read every month.