• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How is everyone posting the larger images?

7 posts in this topic

I have a few books I'd like to post for some grading opinions but I just can't seem to create a 150K image of an appropriate size with enough resolution to make it worthwhile. I scan them in around 400 dpi and then use Photoshop to reduce them down. Unfortunately getting them under the 150K barrier results in an image that makes reasonable grading estimates tough IMO. I've noticed some posts manage to slip in images larger than that. Heck if I could get 250K through I could get a decent size image up.

Any tips?

Just be careful which one you use. Some hosting websites have a bandwidth limitation. Which means after the image is viewed a number of times, it will become unviewable until an amount of time has elapsed.

I have a few books I'd like to post for some grading opinions but I just can't seem to create a 150K image of an appropriate size with enough resolution to make it worthwhile. I scan them in around 400 dpi and then use Photoshop to reduce them down. Unfortunately getting them under the 150K barrier results in an image that makes reasonable grading estimates tough IMO. I've noticed some posts manage to slip in images larger than that. Heck if I could get 250K through I could get a decent size image up.

Any tips?

Scan at 200 dpi. 400 dpi is overkill. Then get a free account with www.photobucket.com or a cheap account with www.datazap.net. You can host pictures there. Datazap will allow you to host bigger files and they have an auction listing helper too. For $3 a month, it's definitely worth it for unlimited hosting. thumbsup2.gif