• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thought Bubble 2013 - UK - Nov 17 - 24

2 posts in this topic

Link to the site > http://thoughtbubblefestival.com/

Guest List Direct Link > http://thoughtbubblefestival.com/guests/

For the boardies across the pond, who is attending this show?

I am not making the trip but was curious which boardies are attending and what you look forward to the most. The Guest list of comic artists is top notch!!

I'm attending :)

Booked everything a few days ago and will be travelling up on the Friday.

I'll be looking forward to meeting Fiona Staples the most as Saga is the book that pulled me back into comics last year. I'll probably get some signatures on some Saga books, maybe my spare 9.8 set to crack, or perhaps one of my blue RRP's. I'm tempted to get my dual-signed RRP cracked if I could make a donation and get a sketch on the back cover but may leave well alone for fear of a grade drop.

There's a lot of creators whose comics I've bought and enjoyed, a lot I've bought and hope to catch up on reading before the convention but the ones that drew me in to attend besides Staples were Fraction and Aja (Hawkeye) and Stephen Mooney (Half Past Danger).

I found a Shaolin Cowboy #1 in my old comic boxes that I've never read so may give that a read and go and meet Geof Darrow.

Other than that, I plan on picking up small press items, browsing to see what dealers have for sale, and hopefully fit in a few panels. Maybe get some sketch covers done and I'll bring some blanks but will probably wait as I'd like my first sketch to be done by a particular artist.

If there are TB variants for books I read then I'll pick up some too :)

Oh and ask Eric Stephenson why doesn't he come back to the boards lol