• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST - Official Trailer (2014)

79 posts in this topic

Looks good as a sequel to X-men First class, but not getting the X-men 141-142 vibe.

Seems Wolverine is going into the past and not the future.

What do you guys think?

Tonight I am going to perform an experiment.

I am going to show that trailer to my 12 year old, who has never read DOFP, and then after it's over I am going to ask him what the story is about.

I am going to show that trailer to my 12 year old, who has never read DOFP, and then after it's over I am going to ask him what the story is about.

And also ask how the movie ended, and what did he think of the post-credits teaser with Cable and Deadpool.

:popcorn:

I'm going to get my mom to watch it tonight, who has never read and X-men comic but has seen some of the movies.

I will then ask her what she thinks the movie is about.

I'm interested to see what kind of findings we get when showing the trailer to outsiders.

Well we all know its not about X-men 141-142.

Any story with even a moderate amount of complexity to it is difficult to understand from only a trailer, so I'm not sure what the point of that experiment would be.

Well we all know its not about X-men 141-142.

Yes it is, Bryan Singer just doesn't cater to plot purists. He thinks they're OCD. :screwy:

Superhero movies are not made for kids.

Any story with even a moderate amount of complexity to it is difficult to understand from only a trailer, so I'm not sure what the point of that experiment would be.

That even a 12 year old can see a bleak looking world, and a character talking about going back to "his younger self" and having to convince people in the past to change the future, can figure out what they are looking at.

This was one of the more simple to understand, in broad terms, trailers I have seen.

I get that there were quick shots of a lot of characters, but the overall idea was crystal fricken clear and I would wager my 12 year old son, who's seen the films but never read DOFP would get that the first time through.

That even a 12 year old can see a bleak looking world, and a character talking about going back to "his younger self" and having to convince people in the past to change the future, can figure out what they are looking at.

This was one of the more simple to understand, in broad terms, trailers I have seen.

I get that there were quick shots of a lot of characters, but the overall idea was crystal fricken clear and I would wager my 12 year old son, who's seen the films but never read DOFP would get that the first time through.

It seems like many first trailers are not so much about describing the movie but portraying the concept of the film and the elements within. I'd wait until the second trailer comes out - which usually seem like they have the plot spelled out in a way that can be better understood in a 2 minute trailer.

Im going to show the trailer to my great aunt and see how she feels about it :tonofbricks:

I'm sure she'll get it, unless she doesn't understand English.

It's simple enough for a great aunt to comprehend.