• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST - Official Trailer (2014)

79 posts in this topic

The trailer gave me chills.

3 observations

1) It seems like people who didn't care for cap loved Thor and vice versa. I wonder if there's something about our personalities that's responsible for that.

2) How can the same fanboys moaning about pictures not following the comic storyline, be the same ones who are now moaning that no one on the street or their kids could understand the trailer without reading the story. Hello? Cake and eat it too anyone?

3) For the fanboys crying about no sentinels-- hello, they will be there (gee.. could prof x. be looking up at one).

:applause:

1) It seems like people who didn't care for cap loved Thor and vice versa. I wonder if there's something about our personalities that's responsible for that.

Of course there is. Nobody is completely objective, and every debate, observation, discussion, opinion, like or dislike is going to be subjected to the personality giving the opinion. I think most people don't take that into account.

Looks good as a sequel to X-men First class, but not getting the X-men 141-142 vibe.

Seems Wolverine is going into the past and not the future.

What do you guys think?

I thought we were going to see Sentinels?

What happened?

The Thor and Captain America trailers are creating far more buzz then this.

I would expect that X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST should be up to at least the same standards of all the X-MEN movies.

So it should be a decent movie.

They won't show the Sentinels until much later, if at all. The effects shots for them are nowhere near done right now.

I should hope the Thor trailer is creating more buzz, it's just about to open. doh!

Yeah, comparing trailers for a movie that has already been released to a movie that is still over a year away is futile.

A full trailer is completely different than just a teaser.

And, Singer already said that the FX were not done yet and this teaser was only supposed to show the characters, nothing more.

And, Singer already said that the FX were not done yet and this teaser was only supposed to show the characters, nothing more.

I really hope this movie blows people away. There are so many interesting characters and actors portraying them, I look forward to seeing how this all balances out in the end on the screen.

3 observations

2) How can the same fanboys moaning about pictures not following the comic storyline, be the same ones who are now moaning that no one on the street or their kids could understand the trailer without reading the story. Hello? Cake and eat it too anyone?

3) For the fanboys crying about no sentinels-- hello, they will be there (gee.. could prof x. be looking up at one).

I wonder how many fan boys are going to cry when this X-Men movie will do the lowest box office ever for an X-MEN movie? :)

The trailer failed. It was suppose to create excitement, and it didn`t.

All it did was bring out a whole bunch of X-MEN apologists coming out with excuses of why this trailer isn`t setting the world on fire. :whistle:

This X-Men movie will do the lowest box office of all the X-MEN movies.

Yes, lower then Superman Man of Steel.

It will do middle of the road 150 million domestic, and by the time the end of July comes around X-MEN fanboys will be wondering how the latest Transformers and Fast and Furious movies could do close to 1 billion each at the box office, while their Singer X-Men movie can`t break 200 million domestic.

:gossip:

If your going to release a trailer make sure it`s pretty damn good, and not something pedestrian.

$170,000,000 in marketing revenue (product placement, sponsors)

$662,845,518 worldwide box office

------------------------------------

$832,845,518 combined revenue

($225,000,000) production budget

$607,845,518 net profit

I'd say Man of Steel did okay.

I wonder how many fan boys are going to cry when this X-Men movie will do the lowest box office ever for an X-MEN movie? :)

All it did was bring out a whole bunch of X-MEN apologists coming out with excuses of why this trailer isn`t setting the world on fire. :whistle:

It will do middle of the road 150 million domestic, and by the time the end of July comes around X-MEN fanboys will be wondering how the latest Transformers and Fast and Furious movies could do close to 1 billion each at the box office, while their Singer X-Men movie can`t break 200 million domestic.

If your going to release a trailer make sure it`s pretty damn good, and not something pedestrian.

Huh? I'm not an X-men apologist. I'm a Thor apologist.

I'll mark the date on my calender and we'll revisit this next year. I say you're wrong on most accounts.

Huh? I'm not an X-men apologist. I'm a Thor apologist.

I'll mark the date on my calender and we'll revisit this next year. I say you're wrong on most accounts.

It will do these kind of numbers.

Domestic: $146,408,305

+ Foreign: $207,215,819

= Worldwide: $353,624,124

It doesn`t matter how good or bad it is.

It`s not going to set the world on fire box office wise.

It is going against Spider-Man 2 and Godzilla.

Spider-Man 2 and X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST are coming out too close to one another.

I expect Spider-Man 2 to have an affect on X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST box office.

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST could be the greatest X-MEN movie ever made, but it will not even come close to what Fast & Furious 7 and

Transformers:Age of Extinction will do at the box office.

btw I thought X-Men:First Class was a great movie, but it still did pedestrian results at the box office.

$607,845,518 net profit

That`s my point.

Mainstream has moved on to Superman, Batman, Avengers and Iron Man now.

The X-Men are no longer cutting edge like they were. They will do GI JOE numbers at the box office. In the middle. Not bad, but not great.

Just enough box office to talk about another sequel or maybe blow the whole thing up with a reboot. hm

Looks good as a sequel to X-men First class, but not getting the X-men 141-142 vibe.

Seems Wolverine is going into the past and not the future.

What do you guys think?

I thought we were going to see Sentinels?

What happened?

The Thor and Captain America trailers are creating far more buzz then this.

I would expect that X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST should be up to at least the same standards of all the X-MEN movies.

So it should be a decent movie.

Wait for the final trailer, when the CGI is finished.

This has been covered in this very thread.

:shrug:

-slym

3 observations

How many of those are there? Just curious... I know I am not one of those.

-slym

3 observations

Mr. Negativity has spoken!

:sumo:

-slym

$607,845,518 net profit

That`s my point.

Mainstream has moved on to Superman, Batman, Avengers and Iron Man now.

The X-Men are no longer cutting edge like they were. They will do GI JOE numbers at the box office. In the middle. Not bad, but not great.

Just enough box office to talk about another sequel or maybe blow the whole thing up with a reboot. hm

I'm not sure most would agree. And to keep movie-goers from "moving on", this may be why Singer is introducing new characters. This way, he keeps the franchise fresh while maintaining the traditional characters from the previous movies.

Looks great. Great cast and a solid director. Who really gives a rat's arse if it's not like #141-142? Give me a quality movie. That's all I care about. If I want to "see" #141-142 I'll read them again.

MCKELLAN, STEWART, and FASSBENDER together... :cloud9:

+1

Looks great. Great cast and a solid director. Who really gives a rat's arse if it's not like #141-142? Give me a quality movie. That's all I care about. If I want to "see" #141-142 I'll read them again.

MCKELLAN, STEWART, and FASSBENDER together... :cloud9:

Agreed. I liked 141 and 142 when I was a pre-teen, but now, I've seen time travel done dozens of times since and look back upon it as crude. Wish they'd ditch the mind-transfer thing, it was dumb then and I'm afraid it'll be even dumber now.