• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Marvel Mystery Comics 48, Classic Schomburg D-day cover!

7 posts in this topic

Solid mid-grade copy of this great Schomburg cover from the peak of his Marvel Mystery run. This copy is nice and flat with good color and nice off-white pages - no "Timely Tan"! The main defects are 3 pieces of tape on the centerfold, and a 3" corner crease on the back cover (click here for a scan). I purchased this book from from Capitol City Comics as part of that big Timely run they found last year, and they graded it at VG/F. Could be considered a VG with the tape. Asking $350, which includes Priority Mail and insurance. PM me if interested!

mm48.jpg

Interesting that it looks rather D-Day-ish even tho' it was printed before that event...

Did the Timely folks know something?

Nice book! thumbsup2.gif

I don't think a pending attack on the Atlantic Wall was any big secret!! Schomburg was a forward thinker...

bumpit.gif

Interesting that it looks rather D-Day-ish even tho' it was printed before that event...

Nice book! thumbsup2.gif

I don't think a pending attack on the Atlantic Wall was any big secret!! Schomburg was a forward thinker...

bumpit.gif

Probably not a bit secret... just kind of surprised how it looks like other art/photos from the actual invasion (minus the Human Torch of course wink.gif).

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Nice book! thumbsup2.gif

bumpit.gif

Probably not a bit secret... just kind of surprised how it looks like other art/photos from the actual invasion (minus the Human Torch of course wink.gif).

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

It is uncanny, isn't it!?!?

news.gif The book is sold... news.gif