• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #62 CGC 8.0 White Pages, Burnley War Cover!

25 posts in this topic

a62.jpg

act62.jpg

The version with more blood is MUCH rarer.

That is cool. I wonder what the story is. Probably someone noticed that the zero was missing the red early in the press run, or a test run ( did they do those back then?) and while they were changing the plates they figured they would tone down the blood ( this is DC after all).

I get the impression that DC paid more attention to quality control back in the GA than most publishers.

a62.jpg

act62.jpg

The version with more blood is MUCH rarer.

That is cool. I wonder what the story is. Probably someone noticed that the zero was missing the red early in the press run, or a test run ( did they do those back then?) and while they were changing the plates they figured they would tone down the blood ( this is DC after all).

I get the impression that DC paid more attention to quality control back in the GA than most publishers.

That was my thinking too.

The extra blood issue is SUPER RARE. I've only seen 2 copies in 25 years. I'd say that makes it pretty rare to me!