• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Sale on Ebay: Tales to Astonish #92 CGC 9.0 WP (used to be CGG 9.2 WP)

46 posts in this topic

I wonder if I ask for smaller scans?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If you do, I'll send you a scan of only one butt cheek. thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif I can't complain about those scans..

Yeah, and as you can see, the book itself is really nice. 9.0 is ridiculous for that book. It is basically the same condition as the #90 that got a 9.4. foreheadslap.gif

TTA90-94.jpg

TTA90b-94.jpg

OK, so how about you sending me a bigger monitor so that the 893censored-thumb.gif scan fits on my screen? tongue.gif

AND I've been outbid!

Um, you could try bidding a higher amount? confused-smiley-013.gif 9.0 book value is $55 and 9.2 book value is $70.

But where's the fun in that? Gotta do these things slowly, enjoy the cut and thrust for the next six days, the frisson of battle and smell of cordite in the air....

As you can tell, I don't get out much... frown.gif

27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

I still think that CGG/PGA grading is at par or a little better then CGC.... Maybe after the comic was removed from the CGC holder, handled and fondled a little, it accumulated a little more wear? The fact is half a point going either way is still a very strict grade and anyone who wins has a killer copy….even if it’s just a TTA #90? The bottom line, doing this is like playing blackjack wink.gif

I still think that CGG/PGA grading is at par or a little better then CGC.... Maybe after the comic was removed from the CGC holder, handled and fondled a little, it accumulated a little more wear?

If anyone caused there to be more wear on that book, it wasn't me. Besides, do you see something on that book that would push it down to 9.0?

There's no question in my mind that CGC undergraded at 9.0 based on the scan. The spine and corners are consistent with countless examples of CGC 9.2. I've also seen 9.4's with equal or more wear.

The only thing I can see from the scan that may have turned them off is the color flaking on the lower left corner FC, and the ever so slight discloration near the right edge of the back cover about a third up from the bottom. confused-smiley-013.gif

Regardless, it's a sweet book and whoever wins it is getting a great deal if it closes anywhere near 9.0 or 9.2 guide.

There's no question in my mind that CGC undergraded at 9.0 based on the scan. The spine and corners are consistent with countless examples of CGC 9.2. I've also seen 9.4's with equal or more wear.

The only thing I can see from the scan that may have turned them off is the color flaking on the lower left corner FC, and the ever so slight discloration near the right edge of the back cover about a third up from the bottom. confused-smiley-013.gif

Regardless, it's a sweet book and whoever wins it is getting a great deal if it closes anywhere near 9.0 or 9.2 guide.

The only graders notes are spine wear and color flaking and wear to the lower left corner of the front cover. You can see all of this stuff in the scan.

Here's another 9.2 that I have that looks similar in terms of wear. Link to the book so your screen doesn't get stretched.

I still think that CGG/PGA grading is at par or a little better then CGC.... Maybe after the comic was removed from the CGC holder, handled and fondled a little, it accumulated a little more wear?

If anyone caused there to be more wear on that book, it wasn't me. Besides, do you see something on that book that would push it down to 9.0?

Have u called for graders notes? In case you didnt know. tongue.gif

I am going to put some more books up for auction in a little bit.

What do you have? gossip.gif

This and that. You'll just have to wait and see like everyone else. 27_laughing.gif

This and that. You'll just have to wait and see like everyone else.

No special treatment for me. boo.gif

And to think that Doug and I were talking highly of you a few nights ago at dinner. I had almost convinced him to sell you his TOS #52 for a very reasonable price. gossip.gif

You know you might just be able to bribe me to throw the Grading Contest.

blush.gif

This and that. You'll just have to wait and see like everyone else.

No special treatment for me. boo.gif

And to think that Doug and I were talking highly of you a few nights ago at dinner. I had almost convinced him to sell you his TOS #52 for a very reasonable price. gossip.gif

You know you might just be able to bribe me to throw the Grading Contest.

blush.gif

Steve,

If you could pull off the TOS#52 deal for me, I would love you as much as it is possible for one straight man to love another. cloud9.gif

Having said that, and knowing your collecting focus, I don't think I'll be selling anything you'll be interested in. Mostly just VF+ to NM- bronze stuff that I'd like to get rid of for the least amount of seller's fees as is possible (hence the ebay listings starting at a penny with no reserve). Hopefully you will still be amused by the auction descriptions even though you probably won't be interested in the books themselves. I'm trying to make them entertaining even for people who aren't necessarily interested in the books. Since I won't be making money on these books, I am going to turn the exercise into a kind of entertainment for me so that it is worth the effort. smile.gif

Steve,

If you could pull off the TOS#52 deal for me, I would love you as much as it is possible for one straight man to love another.

Now that you are putting restriction on you love, the deals off. 893whatthe.gif

Good luck on your auctions. You never know, I might see something of interest.

Steve,

If you could pull off the TOS#52 deal for me, I would love you as much as it is possible for one straight man to love another.

Now that you are putting restriction on you love, the deals off. 893whatthe.gif

Oh come on, don't be mad -- after all, it's just like Janet (Miss Jackson if you're nasty) said: "What have you done for me lately?"

27_laughing.gif