• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

30 in 30: The 4th Year

8 posts in this topic

Or, Has it been that long?

The first time I initiated this challenge in 2010 I was still struggling with things to write about. I wanted to work for a website and needed to know if I could write with a deadline looming as much as I have been for fun. By the time I finished the challenge I was told that waking up wasn't the same without a journal entry from me. I was flattered, so I wrote another one.

I repeated the task in 2011 and 2012. I started early this year and completed this task in October, but was that still a thirty in thirty? The journals have grown since I first began writing. In fact I started to write because of Bagofleas. In the beginning our journals offset each other. It reminds me how in the beginning three months I collected the New Mutants with issues 15,16, and 17, I thought every comic was like that. I was proven wrong with issue 18. After a few journals, Bagofleas entered the aether.

I wrote about what I liked, what I collected, what I dreamed of owning. I met friends, not friends in passing but true friends. These are the people I am blessed with in my semi-daily life. 2014 is still two months away and the two cons coming up has me looking forward to being with my friends more than to be amongst the comics collected within the walls.

To Ronnylama, I cannot wait to share a pool table with you and be blessed by the Karma you imbue. The day that we started to talk is a day I became a blessed man.

To Lee K. A man who has an axe surely wants for nothing, but it is for you I have a gift. It was something I though I wanted, but I was mistaken, and you have given me something you don't even know, so when I see you at ECCC, it shall be yours.

To Shivibali I look forward to seeing you again and hope your con experience is more than a one day event. And I wonder what you will grill up this time.

To Surfer99, I look forward to the day I can meet you. You are the fourth in a cadre of people I so wanted to meet, or should I say the first four. There are others like ScreenWriter3D and Kaholo1256 that I have met or want to meet...and hope too. I am thinking of SuperCon.

And to Bagofleas, no words can express the gratitude I feel for you.

This early morning, or ending of All Hallows' Eve, I raise a toast (with freaking Iced Tea) to another year of collecting, to another year of Happy Hunting, to another year of griping over the length of time our books reside in Sarasota Florida, and to one more attempt at a thirty in thirty. I challenge anyone to join me on this journey.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

Trying to rearrange my place, but would my brother fly up here and help me....Noooo

14566.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

lol

I'm trying too hard to straighten up my place right now to help you with yours!

I too have valued the friendships made on this registry even more than the comics collected.

You and Tom Skahan are the only people I have personally met. I very much want to meet some of the other guys.

Whether it's Ronnylama, Surfer99, Kaholo1256, SW3D, Lee K, Professor Precora, Brandon Shephard, Meshuggah, Garlanda or any of the other wonderful collectors out there, I look forward to the day when more than just two of us can hang out at the cons and even outside of the cons!!

I hope to one day meet you guys. I've learned a great deal here, been welcomed openly and even had a gift mailed to me. Thanks SW3D. I really like the boards here but the journals are always my number 1 spot to check aside from my order status. I was reading the journals for quite a bit before I decided to join in. It was actually you, Tnerb and BOF that wrote interesting things that I felt compelled to comment on.

I really think the journals here exemplify comraderie moreso than the other boards. I believe this is because the journals tend to be populated by the same small group that you two have listed off pretty well already. I do like that more people seem to be creeping in as well.

Wow, very nice. Where do you get CGC boxes? It turns out I am ready for my first box.

Thank you all.

I have purchased these at the conventions. In my experience they also sold out on the first day. I am sure you can find them on eBay.