• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman(2011) multiple printings

21 posts in this topic

I just wanted to ask the question and get some feedback. I've been collecting the new 52 Batman run for awhile now. Some parts have been a real nightmare to find especially #3, #4, and #5 multiple printings. First printings haven't been a problem at all though. I'm a completist for sure but I'm getting tired of chasing after these issues that simply either aren't out there or can't find in high enough grade for a 9.8. For instance, I recently purchased #4 1st print, 2nd print, 3rd print, and 4th print off of eBay. All were "NM/M" by the description. The scans looked good too. Well, I got those books in today and they are mainly 9.4's. So needless to say I took a bath at $75 for that one :sorry: . I'm trying to determine whether to keep spending money hunting these books or just have these graded and go with it. Just wanted to know some of your thoughts. My fear is in 20 years these books will be worth a ton and I missed out.

Hi Chad,

I'm right there with you. I love the Snyder/Capullo run and have been hunting for high grade raws (2nd print 3,4,5 and 3rd print 5) since I haven't seen any graded 9.8s hit market. I missed out on these as decided to focus on the Batman run when issue 7 came out.

Whether they'll be worth high dollars like that Hulk 377 3rd, I don't know. I guess it'll be based on demand.

Ebay is the worst for finding 9.8 raw candidates. I've spent more than $150 tracking down #6 2nd print 9.8 raw candidate for Saga and that book came out just last year. I figure the batman reprints are that much harder to find.

Have you checked the census to see how many 9.8s there are for 3, 4, and 5 Bats?

I'm collecting the same run and have had similar problems, although I have had some help recently and I'm only missing a couple now. As a long time variant collector I would have these graded and in my collection now and wait for some to come to market eventually - they always do, I've waited years in some instances but they will given time, good luck :wishluck:

Apparently, 10 Batman 4 and Batman 5 second printings are out there. 6 Batman 3 second printings.

Not sure where most of them are though.

That's a small population . It really depends on what you want to do. You can get the books slabbed and upgrade if you ever see one in higher grade?

Also, not sure if you guys have started a WTB thread yet? You never know...

Apparently, 10 Batman 4 and Batman 5 second printings are out there. 6 Batman 3 second printings.

That's a small population . It really depends on what you want to do. You can get the books slabbed and upgrade if you ever see one in higher grade?

Also, not sure if you guys have started a WTB thread yet? You never know...

Yeah, I'd need to bump my thread. I've been looking for raws so I could use them for SS.

Yeah, I started one. I knew the census was low especially in the 4th print department. The worst thing is eBay is the ONLY place to find them. They never pop up at any local comic distributor. I have to order online so I'm not close to a reputable shop.

Yeah, I started one. I knew the census was low especially in the 4th print department. The worst thing is eBay is the ONLY place to find them. They never pop up at any local comic distributor. I have to order online so I'm not close to a reputable shop.

Yeah, it's hard to judge based on these online pictures and descriptions.

Have you tried amazon? There is a #3 second print classified as NM. Not sure how accurate.

Not sure you want to gamble , but you can also email the seller.

I would advise you to be patient. They will eventually pop up. I'm dealing with the same issue with Saga. Have you checked with Dre aka Beachbum? Are you also going for the combo packs? Those are difficult to find in HG, too.

I would advise you to be patient. They will eventually pop up. I'm dealing with the same issue with Saga. Have you checked with Dre aka Beachbum? Are you also going for the combo packs? Those are difficult to find in HG, too.

Good call on the Combo Packs, those are a must

. You can get the books slabbed and upgrade if you ever see one in higher grade?

That is what I find to be the best. Never know if your printings are the best out there.

Good call on the Combo Packs, those are a must

Defo, those were the first ones I went after, all safely tucked away now thank God, but initially #10 & #6 were difficult to find

If you can make any local comic conventions or some monthly weekend conventions like in ATL you might have a better chance of finding them. I try to find collectors who just set up to sell to thin out their collection. They're usually the ones with obscure comics that are in high grade condition.