• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In Search of a Formula: How Do We Calculate the Value of a Comic Graded 9.4 or Higher?

26 posts in this topic

No worries... my negativity/frustrations/outburst was a by-product of sugar overload from left over Halloween candies. :)

I personally think CPG is a bit behind in their price valuations. I've been consulting their website for years now, and I see numbers that just remain stagnant while other indexes and pricing indicators suggest otherwise.

If you could ask your colleagues at work who analyze data if such a formula exists... I would be extremely grateful.

SW3D

I just figured out what BA 12 is... British Airways Flight #12 from Singapore to London, Heathrow.

But seriously... Batman Adventures 12, the 1st Appearance of Harley Quinn.

I saw your 9.4... very nice. I didn't realize that comic is HOT!

At comic con, Harley Quinn was very well represented by CosPlay.

SW3D

Sean strikes again - winning friends one noobie at a time lol

ibtl, cos it's going to - the eye of moderation is on you lawyer-boy... lol

Is overstreet the thing to base prices on though mate?

It has been noted to be woefully out of touch with book values across a wide spectrum of era's.

GPA is certainly a more reliable data stream imho - good luck, if you work it out I would image the fortune 500 is waiting for you!

Prior to GPA, Overstreet was the main place to go. I've been using it since 1982... I guess Old Habits Die Hard.

And GPA... although very useful, can miss quite a bit of sales. I know I've made purchases on some auction sites, and seen others as well for auctions I ultimately lost out on, and for some reason these sales do not appear on GPA for those particular graded comics.

But my question has really been taken out of context. I may need to re-write the journal and re-post to clarify some things.

Thanks for your reply.

SW3D