• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Price Index (in response to SW3D post) posted by Dre

9 posts in this topic

2003 CBC's Eye on E-bay :)

Some of you may remember To Comic's Buyers Guide Weekly Fandom

Publication which was devoted to everything comics. This was the Internet for comic collectors prior to the Internet :) I have added a clipping that I manager to keep from a 2003 edition with an article an chart indexing CGC pricing for the week of January 19-25, 2003. The attached index was right on the money for the most part when it came to superhero books and to some degree may still be of some use

10 years later.

SW3D, I hope this will be of some help to you and everyone else. If you can read

The whole page you will see there were some interesting books moving at even more interesting prices.

Enjoy

14575.jpg

See more journals by Dre

That "formula" has less basis in fact than pictures of the Loch Ness Monster performing an alien autopsy.

You mean that Loch Ness photo wasn't real?!? doh!

Since we're here, let's compare this to the basic formula that bagofleas listed in response to the previous journal...

bagofleas

9.4 : x2

9.6 : x3

9.8 : x5

9.9 : x10

10 : x15-20

CBG

9.4 : x3

9.6 : x6

9.8 : x11

9.9 : x24

There we go...the list from bagofleas can be used for comics from 1990-present and the CBG list can be used for any comics printed earlier. Man it would be nice if we really could simplify such a thing. Now...let's go solve world hunger.

sig.jpg

P.S. Why does my Control Panel have this notice on it?

Site Update: CCG Websites Offline for a few hours Sunday April 21 >

Then when you click it you get a USB Error. I'm thinking someone forgot to turn out the lights on that "update".

Hey Dre,

Thank so very much for posting the CGC Price Index from CBG.

Wow! The percentages for high grades are through the roof!

Somehow, I doubt such valuations are realistic.

But nonetheless, I thank you for posting.

All the best,

SW3D

That copy of CBG was printed back in the days where you could get a small magical fortune for anything , copper, modern in a 9.8 CGC holder.

Those days are gone almost a decade later give or take a couple years.

And those percentages are way off now. But a highest grade early DC key and those percentages come into play.

Southerncross, I am partially in agreement with your response. Yes

As more books come to be graded and achieve higher grades through

the slabbing process. That is when we start to look at certain issues with very

low population numbers and realize that a lot of these figures will in fact

represent the first or highest graded copy of an issue that is sold. True, not every comic

Will realize the same price or higher, but for really nice books that are truly rare the sky is the limit.

And you have to remember the population numbers are not accurate.

Putting aside the large amount of books that may never go to CGC.

How many graded books have been opened, read and stored then sent to CGC years later for grading again. If the book gets the same grade how many duplicates of the same book are sitting in 9.4, 9.6 ect. census.

And with pressing more common, how many 9.2's and 9.4's are now 9.4, 9.6 and maybe 9.8's ?. Those same 9.2's and 9.4's books are still counted in population and more higher grades are added to the number.

Just a observation I have for the population numbers.