• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this tomato boxer: Conan #34

25 posts in this topic

ok, back to the babe on the cover. was there ever a better example of the need for a headbag, then this?????

oh, and interesting discussion boys. both sabre and garth sound convincing, but since sabre went last, he's got my vote.......... grin.gif

BB, and your grade on this puppy? . . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nevermind the head bag, I think it turns some of you on! insane.gif27_laughing.gif

You make a great case, Sabre... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I will retract some of my statement, and agree that Kane pencilled the cover in question. But boy there's a heavy Chan influence to it - he clearly did the inking, IMO and as we all know, often it's the inker's style that's more apparent or has more "influence" over the image.

Now, if you really want to see some Kane noses, check out some of those Spideys in the 90 - 100 range...hell, you can see right up the nostrils and into the brain! 27_laughing.gif

Now, if you really want to see some Kane noses, check out some of those Spideys in the 90 - 100 range...hell, you can see right up the nostrils and into the brain! 27_laughing.gif

Boy ain't that the truth? Just before Ross Andru took over ASM Kane was being inked (heavily) by Romita and Mortellaro (sp?). There must have been a real tug of war in the Bullpen over Gil's noses. I remember fan letters complaining about them. GK just wanted his up-the-nostril panels to be able to breathe free. It didn't end in ASM #100 either. Check out the interior art of GS Conan #1 or GS Super-Heroes #1.

Still and all, Gil was one of the greats, IMO. I just love his stuff. I have a page of original art that he sold me at BayCon 2 in 1976 (or BayCon 4 in '78?), from Ghost Rider # 17 I think... got it for $10 or $15 from the man himself.