• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My latest project!! my first sketch jam!

4 posts in this topic

I've always seen people posting there sketch jams and I've always wanted to do one properly, I commissioned Mike Decarlo to do my layout as he's always been great with communication and his work is fantastic :)

Anyways, I've had my first character inked, and it's none other than Mike Zeck! I'm really happy with the way it's shaping up. I hope to show it's progression here in this post... Here it is for those who would like to see...

If you have any ideas for it, or who I should have ink my characters, feel free to express your thoughts, my main goal is to just have fun with this piece and fill it with my favourite/admired artists.

DeCarloJam-Edit_zps3ed86314.jpg

Lloyd, what a terrific idea. I love how this is coming out so far.

There are some wonderful inkers out there (in a world that's becoming increasingly "pencils only"). Scott Williams is terrific. He makes Jim Lee's work even better.

If Danny Miki is available, I love his work, too. In any case, I hope you'll keep posting as the piece evolves.

Whenever my LCS has two or more artists doing in-store sketches, I always try to get a mash-up including:

a J. Bone "Batman" next to a Darwyn Cooke "Spirit"

a Steve McNiven "Spider-man" facing a David Finch "Wolverine"

and a Steve McNiven "Nemesis" facing a Darwyn Cooke "Batman"