• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Corner tears

4 posts in this topic

Here is a scan of the corners on the back cover of some comics I bought new off the shelves in 1980. They're all the same issue. Notice they all have corner tears. Some of the interior pages also have the same type of tears. I believe they are production defects. Bindery tears? The comics as a whole are structurally NM with flawless spines and sharp corners except for the ragged upper left corner on the back cover and some of the pages.

How much does this kind of flaw affect the grade?

cornertears_zps3ab09f15.jpg

Agreed. In the case of those 3 books it would be different for each book due to the levels of damage. Chip out of the corner on the top one all the way to a small tear on the bottom book.

Ouch! I should have been more careful when buying comics back then. :tonofbricks:

A couple of questions. What range of grade can I expect assuming the rest of the comics are almost flawless? Will they be treat like any other flaw? I thought that CGC treats production flaws less harshly.