• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Virtual Comic Con November 9-10 VCC XXVI

54 posts in this topic

Attending- Participating in the discussion thread, maybe make some deals

Looking- Just browsing, not posting anything

Selling -Posting books for sale or trade

It's just a massive market place for boardies to sell all sorts of books and other items. I have seen several boardies only post sales thread in the VCC and not deal with selling in the different age forums.

I'm just trying to get some advertising out there. (thumbs u

Well, I guess I understood it less than I thought.

I thought all the participation was done via PM. Any deal-doing would be done privately. What's to discuss?

Maybe I'm not understanding your question.

I'm not sure what the difference is between "attending" an "looking" but I will be checking out the virtual con for the first time this year. Though I can't say I entirely understand the concept.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm not trying to be down on the VCC, but I also don't completely understand the concept.

How is it different than the Comics Market selling forum?

Nonetheless, I will be stopping in to possibly buy.

I thought all the participation was done via PM. Any deal-doing would be done privately. What's to discuss?

:facepalm: STFU

:facepalm: it's that type of thoughtful friendly response that generates, aw, who am I kidding. Follow your own advice.

:facepalm: it's that type of thoughtful friendly response that generates, aw, who am I kidding. Follow your own advice.

How hard is the VCC to understand? Sounds to me like the guy is just trying to be difficult. Or he's just slow, in which case I apologize.

How hard is the VCC to understand? Sounds to me like the guy is just trying to be difficult. Or he's just slow, in which case I apologize.

Since you asked so nicely.

I don't understand the advantage of the VCC format over selling in a regular marketplace sales thread or responding to a WTB thread.

I mean, The restrictio

Oh *spoon* it, I don't care anymore. Whatever.

I don't understand the advantage of the VCC format over selling in a regular marketplace sales thread or responding to a WTB thread.

I mean, The restrictio

It's as close to a convention as you're going to find, online.

Buying and bartering over price is all done through PM.

There is a VCC discussion thread, where everyone chats about how the con is going, if they've bought or sold anything, or if they decide to offer any discounts or sales promotions, they can do it there as well.

It's a fair amount of work to set up, but it is a fun experience.

There are some buying/selling restrictions. You can only make deals after the doors open and not when they close. They're trying to replicate a real con as best as they can.

It's always fun to see so many books for sale in one thread. Usually some great deals.

Hope you can drop in and hopefully buy something. (thumbs u

I mean, The restrictio

unless you're a serial bumper, your thread disappears from view in about 10 minutes in the FS forum. that's one nice thing about the VCC, your booth is in place for the weekend

I mean, The restrictio

Maybe I was a little harsh, but here's the way I see it.

You have these few guys from the boards going to a good amount of trouble organizing this event, which has been going on for years now. They have worked over the details trying to make it as fair a possible for everyone. It may not be perfect, but the point is to have fun, sell or buy some books, or just browse through the hall. There's nothing more anyone needs to know. If you're not into it that's fine, but why come on here acting like somehow the rules which have been in place are burdening you.

And then to flippantly to ask the OP, "what's to discuss"?

Just doesn't seem right.

I mean, The restrictio

A sales thread actually has advantages over the virtual con as you don't have to open or close at a certain time, you can post large scans rather than thumbnails and people can post :takeit: in your sales thread.

The virtual con is an opportunity to for us to replicate a con on the boards. It's about building the community, hanging out, selling and buying a few books, teasing each other in the discussion thread. And the organizers do promote the con hopefully drawing new members and drawing back members who haven't been here in a while.