• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Sale on Ebay: Marvel Two-In-One #1 9.0/9.2 (raw) OW-W pages

52 posts in this topic

You should have done like everybody else on EBay:

Marvel Two-In-One #1 NM/NM+ 9.4/9.6 (raw) WHITE pages

wink.gif

Maybe, but then I'd have 20 people on here person_without_enough_empathying about my grading. 27_laughing.gif For an extra $50, it isn't worth the headache.

I can't believe this book is only up to FN 6.0 guide right now. tonofbricks.gif Three hours left! frustrated.gif

What gives me a bit of pause (other than I have a fugly copy I got for free... well, not for free... a death threat came with it), is the ULC which looks a bit abraded. I can see that it doesn't go to the back, but it does look a little iffy...

Also, there seems to be a general lack of gloss and/or color fading and/or creaming which just gives it an older-than-it-ought-to-be look.

Dunno... these could all be scanner artifacts (you sure yer licensed to use that new-fangled equipment? poke2.gif)...

So, the upshot is you should provide smaller scans grin.gif

Still... I may have to think about this one... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

I can't believe this book is only up to FN 6.0 guide right now. tonofbricks.gif Three hours left! frustrated.gif

What gives me a bit of pause (other than I have a fugly copy I got for free... well, not for free... a death threat came with it), is the ULC which looks a bit abraded. I can see that it doesn't go to the back, but it does look a little iffy...

Also, there seems to be a general lack of gloss and/or color fading and/or creaming which just gives it an older-than-it-ought-to-be look.

Dunno... these could all be scanner artifacts (you sure yer licensed to use that new-fangled equipment? poke2.gif)...

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

There is no color fading and the gloss is outstanding. If the scan makes it appear that way, then the problem is with the scan, not the book. I showed it around at Jimm94's house this Saturday and Jim said that the book should sell for $100. That's a bit more than I'd expect, but at anything less than $60, the buyer is getting the book at a steal.

The ULC is slightly abraded as you can see in the scan, but not so much that it would push the book out of 9.0 or 9.2, which is what I graded it. Save the scan to your computer and reduce it to regular comic book size. You'll see how minor the abrasion actually is in real life.

Dude you are funny 27_laughing.gif, when its you oversized scans that over amplifies defects, its not as bad in person it just shows that way through the scan,

but when they are mine, its clear cut all the defects, and how the heck it got that grade 893scratchchin-thumb.gif. tongue.gif

I still like your book, my twins are looking for a friend wink.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

There is no color fading and the gloss is outstanding. If the scan makes it appear that way, then the problem is with the scan, not the book. I showed it around at Jimm94's house this Saturday and Jim said that the book should sell for $100. That's a bit more than I'd expect, but at anything less than $60, the buyer is getting the book at a steal.

The ULC is slightly abraded as you can see in the scan, but not so much that it would push the book out of 9.0 or 9.2, which is what I graded it. Save the scan to your computer and reduce it to regular comic book size. You'll see how minor the abrasion actually is in real life.

FFB, I don't doubt that it is a nice book... just trying to point out why it may not be garnering the sort of bids you might expect.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Dude you are funny 27_laughing.gif, when its you oversized scans that over amplifies defects, its not as bad in person it just shows that way through the scan,

but when they are mine, its clear cut all the defects, and how the heck it got that grade 893scratchchin-thumb.gif. tongue.gif

I still like your book, my twins are looking for a friend wink.gif

I don't see how what I said is inconsistent? I expect a 9.6 to have four sharp corners. Your Book #2 in the most recent grade-off round didn't. It was missing a good piece of the lower left corner -- more than is abraded on the corner of the book in this auction, which I graded at 9.0 to 9.2 -- and your book also had a slightly bent lower right corner. confused-smiley-013.gif

Your Book #2 in the most recent grade-off round didn't. It was missing a good piece of the lower left corner -- more than is abraded on the corner of the book in this auction, which I graded at 9.0 to 9.2 -- :

If that is what you truly think yeahok.gif, having the book in hand you are beyond way off, but hey I respect your opinion smirk.gif

Congrats on this book, I was sniped with 3 sec to go mad.gif

I showed it around at Jimm94's house this Saturday and Jim said that the book should sell for $100. That's a bit more than I'd expect, but at anything less than $60, the buyer is getting the book at a steal.

Is this book hot again? I remember seeing CGC 9.0-9.2 copies selling for less and it wasn't that long ago I bought this NM copy (it's gorgeous) for $20.

625614-mtio1.jpg.08d59f43da94150d987266ff2e9ac9c0.jpg

shy.gifSorry, Nikos! I didn't see you jump in there just before I placed my snipe/bid. PM me if you're really jonesing for this book. flowerred.gif

Its cool, all is fair in war and comics hail.gif