• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOLD and CLOSED - Batman Adventures #12 x2, Mad Love

5 posts in this topic

Howdy. I have a lot of three cool books here, including two copies of Batman Adventures #12 and a Mad Love special. None of these are 9.8 or super high grade, so I will save you some time right there.

Both copies of BA #12 do present very well, but have weird issues or defects that keep them from being high grade. The Mad Love just has general wear from being read. I would prefer to sell these as a lot if possible.

Here's the specifics. Shipping is included in the price:

Batman Adventures #12 - copy A - 5.5 - $85

Batman Adventures #12 - copy B - 4.0 - $55

Mad Love - 6.0 - $25

entire lot: $200 $175 $150

I take paypal only and only ship to the United States, although if you're in Canada, we can talk about it.

Honestly, the way these things are selling on ebay right now, even in lower condition there's money to be made if that's your thing. Seriously, take a look at the insane prices this thing is getting in any condition. I know I could probably get more on ebay, but I don't have the patience to deal with ebay people, so I'm just going to offer these copies up in a lot to you, my fellow boardies, instead. If you want to flip them, go right ahead - it's a win for all of us!

Batman Adventures #12 - Copy A - 5.5 (?)

This is a book that looks more like a 9.2 at first glance, but it has two weird defects that make it very difficult for me to determine its technical grade.

Firstly, it has a small hole in the spine. Not at the staples, just... a hole. You can see it on the scan of the back cover, though it's not nearly as noticeable to the naked eye.

Secondly, there is a small cut, about a quarter of an inch long, that runs through the entire book. It's just barely visible on the front cover on Batgirl's right knee. It's harder to see with the naked eye - I didn't even notice it until I opened the book.

The cut is at an angle and is very sharply done. You can see it on the back cover as well and you'll note it doesn't remotely line up with the one on the front. As a result, I suspect that it may be a manufacturing defect, because you'd need a really sharp blade operating at a very unnatural angle to cause such a clean slice. I think the hole in the spine might be a manufacturing thing as well, it's hard to say.

This copy looks really nice, but man, I have no idea how to grade it with those issues. So I am giving it a 5.5:

copya-1.jpg

copyaback-1.jpg

SAM_0885-1.jpg

SAM_0890-1.jpg

Batman Adventures - copy B - 4.0

This is another copy that presents better than its actual grade. The front has some scuffing along the bottom spine. The back cover is the real problem, though, as it has extensive scuffing and some creasing/wrinkling. Inside the back cover, there is staining. Some of this carries over very lightly to the back page of the book. The last few pages may have some very minor water damage along the edge, it's hard to say for sure. it's not major.

A nice looking book for its grade.

copyb-1.jpg

copybback-1.jpg

SAM_0873.jpg

Mad Love - 6.0

This just has good old fashioned general wear. I haven't found any weird defects on this one, knock on wood. The top edge fc has some waviness and the bottom has some dings and a corner crease. The back just has general wear.

SCAN0286-1.jpg

SCAN0287-1.jpg

Also, I just wanted to mention that the money I get from this will be paying off the last installment on a personal grail I've had socked away at my LCS for a few months. So if you're on the fence, keep in mind that this cash will be going to the best possible cause: My comic collection. Thanks.

:banana:

Okay, new price drop. This will likely be my final price drop before trying that nightmare known as ebay.

Also, if people want to buy these individually, I will break up the lot.

Here are the new prices. All price include shipping:

Batman Adventures #12 copy A - $85

Batman Adventures #12 copy B - $55

Mad Love - $25

All three for $150