• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ed Brubaker's Velvet

5 posts in this topic

The other day I was immediatly grabbed by that beautiful 60's style artwork on the cover, before even realizing it was a Brubaker book. Who else is in love with Velvet? Thought I was done with Brubaker spy books but I'm right back into it.

Doing my best to collect all the variants, can anyone confirm that this is the full set of covers (picture from ebay).

$(KGrHqJHJEsFJk+ppOIyBScvq035oQ~~60_58.JPG

I'm having a really hard time finding a copy of the Green Forbidden Planet without some chipping/discoloration on the spine. Went through about 40 copies, anyone know if this is just a common defect. If something like that is present in the whole run does CGC take it into account or does it keep it from being a 9.8?

I really enjoyed everything about it, and can't wait for the next issue. My only gripe was that at times the art wasn't consistent, most notably with Velvet herself. It wasn't enough for me to give up on it, but I'm looking forward to the art getting its groove.

Nice cover collection btw! I've had my eyes peeled for any slabbed 9.8's to hit the market but I haven't seen any yet. It's good to see there aren't a gazillion variants--at least not yet lol

The other day I was immediatly grabbed by that beautiful 60's style artwork on the cover, before even realizing it was a Brubaker book. Who else is in love with Velvet? Thought I was done with Brubaker spy books but I'm right back into it.

Doing my best to collect all the variants, can anyone confirm that this is the full set of covers (picture from ebay).

$(KGrHqJHJEsFJk+ppOIyBScvq035oQ~~60_58.JPG

Theres already a 6 page thread on this... http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7099879#Post7099879