• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone use one of these for displaying original artwork?

14 posts in this topic

I have a valuable page that I'd love to display, but I'm too gunshy to trust something that claims to be UV resistant.....

I'm not sure why you're assuming that BCE is lying about the materials that they use.

I'm not assuming or claiming that anyone is lying. Did you read the details? This is what it says: "UV inhibitor plexiglas™ front". Is that 100% UV resistant or not?

Honestly, I don't think I could trust anything with a $5K page, no matter what the claim is.

I'm not assuming or claiming that anyone is lying. Did you read the details? This is what it says: "UV inhibitor plexiglas™ front". Is that 100% UV resistant or not?

You could ask them, although I personally would worry more about keeping it out of direct sunlight/ halogen in the first place than looking for a perfect technological solution (although using archival materials IS, of course, the way to go.)

Honestly, I don't think I could trust anything with a $5K page, no matter what the claim is.

People display art worth that (and then some) all the time. For a couple of examples from the forum, Heartened displays his art on his walls, Metro has some of the greatest pieces in the hobby on display in their gallery (not to mention a million dollar movie poster.) Beyond comics, there are plenty of million+ dollar oils hanging in galleries and in private collections without any glass at all... confused-smiley-013.gif

People display art worth that (and then some) all the time. For a couple of examples from the forum, Heartened displays his art on his walls, Metro has some of the greatest pieces in the hobby on display in their gallery (not to mention a million dollar movie poster.) Beyond comics, there are plenty of million+ dollar oils hanging in galleries and in private collections without any glass at all... confused-smiley-013.gif

Some incredible stuff on those two sites. cloud9.gif

The stuff that Metro has on their website is just unbelievable. I'm very curious about where, when and how some of those pieces were acquired. Amazing...

About the page that I have, I'd love to share what it is and post pics, but I know how the original art market is... if it becomes known that someone has a desirable piece, that person can often receive unsolicited offers. I'm not selling, so I prefer to remain anonymous.

I'd love to share what it is and post pics, but I know how the original art market is... if it becomes known that someone has a desirable piece, that person can often receive unsolicited offers. I'm not selling, so I prefer to remain anonymous.

I bid $500.