• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to verify a CGC graded book by serial number?

7 posts in this topic

Hey Guys.

I'm contemplating buying a CGC-graded book that's at a pretty decent price, but I'd like some way of possibly verifying the label number that's listed on it. Is there a way to do this online, or do you have to call?

It's only $20 maximum, so it's not like a $$$ book or anything, but I was kind of curious. I'm actually very interested in it, because it's a variant cover that I kind of like, and the price seems fair.

Any advice?

Thanks for the offer to look this up for me, Red Hook. I've PM'd the information to you.

I didn't realise that being a member of the Society gave you the ability to look up numbers on comics. I guess someone wasn't reading too carefully back when I looked up information on joining...duh! foreheadslap.gif

I'm seriously contemplating joining, but wouldn't mind hearing some feedback from existing members. Is it worth it?

Granted this is also part of the reason why I've been collecting 'research' fodder for myself to look over CGC comics, processes, and results. Regardless, I appreciate any information you guys are willing to share. popcorn.gif

Basically, if you join the Collectors Society (which is worth it just for the Coupons), you will be able to look up any serial number (but still would have to call for the graders notes).

sf,

y'know, I did the math on this one. Unless you've got a few $4,000 books laying around it's not such a great shake. . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif