• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone explain this Strange Tales 24 sale to me?

13 posts in this topic

More than one collector wants high grade Everett Atlas horror covers. They don't appear to be inhibited in any way in their bidding. A similar thing took place with Matt Baker romance covers some years ago. VG copies valued at $20 in guide were being bid up to around 1k.

Scarcity seems to be the main driving force.

And it only takes two to tango.

Also, there are so few Atlas PCH in high grade because of the quality of paper used in the printing process and other issues.

As an anecdote I think there are 10-13 Black Cat Mystery in 9.0 or higher - you will just never see this with any Atlas PCH book it is rare to even find any one in 9.0 or better frankly.

Would be interesting no doubt about it. I would just be curious to see where it ends up and whether I have to sell a kidney to buy it or a kidney and a lung.

I was fortunate enough to send in a raw 14 and 21 (D copy) a few weeks back that came back 8.0's.

Haven't had much good fortune submitting raw books lately 7's came back 6's 8's came back 7's etc.

Anyway, sometimes things swing the other way and it can make your day.

Ahk. I was going to say the cover is good but nothing amazing. thanks for the help.

It's an Everett cover :sumo:

Atlas green :luhv:

That was a legitimate sale -- no shill bidding and the consignor was paid.

If you save off the original notification email they contain the links to all of the lots.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=497290