• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman: The Deal - fan-made comic

21 posts in this topic

I originally saw this on reddit.com/r/comicbooks.

Here is a great comment from the user Lave:

RE: The end of the bill hicks quote.

Batman spent all his vast wealth on defence. A equal passion for improving Gotham as he had for clearing up after Gotham would have solved all Gothams problems. A comedian telling Batman that as he falls to his death above an ultimately unchanged Gotham is a perfect quote.

Of course it's the elephant in the room in the genuine comic because nothing can really change.

I was already biased reading this comment; I thought The Deal was great.

Anyone who didn't like it, does the comment affect your opinion?

No, when it comes to comics I always look for artwork that I enjoy. I never like to call someone's art bad because it's a personal opinion, but I personally didn't like this art at all.

The whole love relationship and Batman just agreeing to let go of everything and die with the Joker is just weird and doesn't work; for me at least.

The whole Bill Hicks quote is one I don't agree with. Spending no money on defense and instead put all that money into helping feed the poor. While that's a nice thought and I wish it were that simple it's not. I checked out Bill Hicks after reading this and while I do agree with some of the things he says he just comes off to me like a rambling insufficiently_thoughtful_person.