• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC ASM 11,20 - GS X-MEN 1 - NEAL ADAMS - PEDIGREES - THOR 148 9.6 - OH MY!

8 posts in this topic

Have posted some (hopefully) interesting books this week on Ebay. Many do not have a reserve . . . some are 5 day auctions, some 7 day. I'm afraid you'll regret it if you don't take a look here . . . certainly you need one of these for your collection. I'll be posting some more raw books, original art from Kirby, Ditko, Adams and others, and other collectible whatnot in the next few days so stay tuned.

Today's selection includes:

ACTION COMICS #400 CGC 9.4 WHT MONTEREY COPY

STRANGE ADVENTURES #230 9.4 ADAM STRANGE MONTEREY COPY

GIANT-SIZE X-MEN #1 CGC 8.5 OW/W

THOR #148 CGC 9.6 NM+

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #11 CGC 7.0 2ND DOCTOR OCTOPUS

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #20 CGC 8.0 1ST APP. SCORPION!

GIANT-SIZE SPIDER-MAN #4 CGC 8.0 3RD PUNISHER MONTEREY COPY

GREEN LANTERN #76 1970 VG/F

GREEN LANTERN #85 CGC 9.0 CLASSIC DRUG COVER

GREEN LANTERN #86 CGC 8.5 CLASSIC DRUG COVER

GREEN LANTERN #87 CGC 8.0 1st JOHN STEWART

GREEN LANTERN #88 CGC 9.0 VF/NM

BATMAN #232 CGC 9.0 WHT 1ST RA'S AL GHUL NEAL ADAMS!! MONTEREY COPY!

The Monterey books I have up now I am selling for Ron Murry (w/ the exception of the the Batman #232 which I purchased from Ron a while back) who asked me to post some books for him while he was out of town. The story, as I understand it (again relayed to me by Ron), is that when these books were submitted for grading CGC decided not to note the pedigree on the label since the collection as it was being sold was broken up among several dealers and there is no single definitive/comprehensive list of the collection in its original entirety . . .though they apparently said that considering the quality of the books they did see, had there been such an original accounting, that it certainly would have had a good chance of being recognized.

I saw a great many of these books (particularly Silver and Early Bronze) and they were, on the whole, some of the nicest copies I've seen. Again, regarding the CGC notation or lack therof, this is my recollection of what Ron explained to me previously . . . If you have any other questions or something still seems unclear I'll be happy to ask him about it next time I speak to him.

Yes, the HOM did change hands at Wondercon.