• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man #1?

13 posts in this topic

Newsarama has a sneak peak at the first 7 pages of the upcoming Iron Man #1 by Ellis/Granov....

IM #1 Sneak Peak

...and nothing happens of consequence in those 7 pages. I'm all for character/scene build-up but 7 pages of pretty much watching Tony put the suit on? It could easily been done in two pages. For $3.50 a book, I expect better than this...

Jim

If you read it, it's explaining the character and begins to introduce Ellis' key concepts for the story.

"I approached the whole thing as if the reader had never read an IRON MAN comic before."

I'm with Rob on this one.

I'm guessing their will be a significant minority of readers who will only be picking this book because: A) it;s a #1 B) Ellis is writing it and those folks might not know the background of Iron Man's story.

Plus, Ellis wants to take Iron Man in a certain direction but needs to setup a some sort of foundation rather than rely on the [!@#%^&^] Iron Man issues that have been coming out lately, which did nothing but kill a girl during the last 40 issues.

Wow yeahok.gif

7 pages -- 40 word/page average yeahok.gif

7 pages to put on his armor -- that little scene will cost you $1.17. yeahok.gif

No thanks. I think I'll wait until they reboot the series again.

OK - was off to watch DRACULA but did one last perusal. I have not read a new comic in ages but...I have to ask...are these images actually for real? And has this been going on for a while?

It looks like CGI. Am I that far out of the modern loop or is it hand-drawn? Really confuse-ed and really not trying to start an argument. Just - well - confused.

I thank you.

His stuff is hand drawn. Pencils first then scan and "paint" in Photoshop.

"The art is not computer generated. It is 100% Adi generated. The computer does not make a single decision for me and every single line you see in my work has been put there because I decided to put it there."

http://www.sofos.com/adi/