• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF #15, DD #1--uber low grade...CLOSED.

22 posts in this topic

1) First :takeit: in the thread gets it.

2) No Hall of Shame nor Probation List folks, please.

3) Payment methods: PayPal, USPS money order, or check (will wait to clear). Payment expected within 3 days of invoice. (Note: AF #15: PayPal only.)

4) Shipping included. U.S. only. (Priority Mail which comes with Delivery Confirmation, and securely packed; the AF #15 & DD #1 will be fully insured.)

Thank you for looking.

Daredevil #1 CGC .5 (OW)

Picked this up, not too long ago, from a fellow Boardie. (Ryan.) If not for the obvious defect, he assessed it at about a 5.0. I'd agree and would say 5.5 on a good day.

If the remaindered copy factor doesn't scare you away, then it's a pretty nice starter copy.

219.00 shipped in the U.S. :news: SOLD.

Daredevil1FC_zps3a943f44.jpg

Daredevil1BC_zps3d69c3a0.jpg

Amazing Fantasy #15 CGC .5 (CRM/OW)

"Cover detached."

Blue label. Complete. No tape. No writing. The book IS a .5 and it is, no doubt, ROUGH, but find a better .5. :sumo:

3,900.00 shipped in the U.S. Firm. PayPal only. No time payments on this one. Sorry.

:news: Back in the box and thread now closed. "At that price, it ain't surprising," someone mutters. :grin:

Don't have GPA, but I'm definitely aware that this an aggressive price. (Though the 3K barrier has been broken more than once for a .5...and perhaps this copy could garner a 1.0 on a resub. :shrug:) Who knows, though, maybe in 3 years this price will seem like a deal.

My wife's a professional photographer...and it was a special day when I landed this copy. Wonderful pics. Great book. But times are a bit tough, so I'm walkin' the plank, grail in hand...

AF15.jpg

AF15BC.jpg

Wow that looks like the nicest .5 copy I have ever seen! Great copy, won't last long this is a great starter!

I agree. I would much much rather have a nice looking copy that can be read but with one single major flaw...than a copy with a ton of creases, color loss, and a spine that is bashed up completely and would not withstand even flicking through the book.

My wife's a professional photographer...and it was a special day when I landed this copy. Wonderful pics. Great book. But times are a bit tough, so I'm walkin' the plank, grail in hand...

AF15.jpg

I know everyone prefers higher grade books (because it means more $$) but I love the look of this book. It's been well-loved and hopefully well-enjoyed for years. Great feel of a book. Setting money aside, I wish I could own a copy that looked like that. Beautiful

AF15.jpg

I know everyone prefers higher grade books (because it means more $$) but I love the look of this book. It's been well-loved and hopefully well-enjoyed for years. Great feel of a book. Setting money aside, I wish I could own a copy that looked like that. Beautiful

Absolutely agree here... It just has that perfectly aged look to it. And the wife captured it on film perfectly.

GLWTS. If I had time to raise the funds, I'd be all over this book.

It does look nice. However, if I buy something that expensive I need to make sure it is a really good deal well below GPA. But yeah it looks very nice and rustic for a 0.5.

Hard part with that, as we've all learned, is AF15 is one of those books that usually if not always sells at or above GPA. This is one book that seems to always be climbing...at one point in the future this .5 will look like a bargain IMHO. GLWTS!

It does look nice. However, if I buy something that expensive I need to make sure it is a really good deal well below GPA. But yeah it looks very nice and rustic for a 0.5.

Hard part with that, as we've all learned, is AF15 is one of those books that usually if not always sells at or above GPA. This is one book that seems to always be climbing...at one point in the future this .5 will look like a bargain IMHO. GLWTS!

Yup. Bought my copy raw in 1.5 / 1.8 back in '08 during one the "bubbles." Now, I bought at a slight discount from the current prices, but it was still crazy expensive for the time.

Um.. yeah. I could CONSERVATIVELY make around 4 to 4.5 TIMES what I paid for my copy if I tried selling it today. So yeah... this is one of those few times

Daredevil #1 CGC .5 (OW)

Picked this up, not too long ago, from a fellow Boardie. (Ryan.) If not for the obvious defect, he assessed it at about a 5.0. I'd agree and would say 5.5 on a good day.

If the remaindered copy factor doesn't scare you away, then it's a pretty nice starter copy.

219.00 shipped in the U.S. :news: ON HOLD.

Daredevil1FC_zps3a943f44.jpg

Daredevil1BC_zps3d69c3a0.jpg

:takeit: as per PM

Looks gorgeous except for the missing masthead.

I see a possible resto project in my future.

:hail:

Thanks! Much appreciated.

And with that, I'll take my 2016-priced AF #15 and put it back in my collection. Took me 18 years to re-capture it (first copy was a pence copy), so it's probably for the best. Thanks to everyone for the kind words regarding the AF #15 pics--will pass them on to the wife.

THREAD CLOSED.