• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This has been making me upset for awhile

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, Just wanted to say I met Jim Shooter about 2 weekends ago out here on long island, Had him sign a couple of books for me and I noticed as he signed he had trouble writing, It wasn't the fact the my sigs were messed up bc I know they came from the man himself, But what troubled me was that I felt bad as someone who has been doing this for so long, I watched as his hands started to give out on him, and it upset me, I don't know if this really pertains to anything just something that has been on my mind for awhile. I just don't want to see a legend struggle.

Comments, Questions, Concerns?

I will post pictures.

Yeah he and jay jay were amazing to talk to, i guess it was just something that affected me, he was telling me stories about how bill sinkeviks drew a warlock painting on the floor and walls of the marvel office, and how he was the artist on the first RaiI flip book, credited under a different name, His sigs got better down the line as he did them I had brought 22 books with me and as he started signing I asked if he would like to rest his hands he was more then happy to sign but I still took time in between bc I wanted to be curtious, he even drew me a little Harbinger Bird on the back of a sketch of me and my girlfriend that jay jay drew for us. It was a fun time I just felt bad

Alot of things could have been affecting him, but I understand where your coming from. I was bothered by my meeting with Walter Koenig earlier this year. Walter's had was shaking quite abit, he looked extremely tired and out of it, and when I brought him a Gold Key Star Trek #1 to sign he mentioned he never saw that comic before.

He is 62, it could be a number of things.

If he's still signing, I take that as he still enjoys what he is doing.

+1

He enjoys meeting the true fans that love his work. I would be honored to meet him and get his autograph. Send him out West (thumbs u

I would LOVE for him to make an appearance on the west coast, it would be awesome to meet him in person!