• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What about damage to interior pages?

3 posts in this topic

A LCS has a nice run of Lee/Kirby FFs, and one in particular that stands out is #57, with a very nice Dr. Doom cover. I'd say it's abot VF or better, and has great rich colors. Looks really nice. Anyway, the cover is fine, but there is a rip through the first 3 pages inside, starting from the right edge and going in about 2 or 3 inches. Rather jagged tears, too. This is not visible from the outside. There are no rips or creaases on the cover where the tears are. I know CGC looks inside the books, but my question is a) how much do they knock off for this sort of damage, and b) how consistent are they at noting it on the flip? I have seen slabbed books with notations like "coupon cut out" or the like, but can't remember seeing anything about an interior tear. On the one hand, I'd like to know what I'm buying but on the other I sort of only care about the cover since it's unreadable.

Strictly speaking, only slight tears in the margins are allowed in VF condition.

The tears you seem to be describing sound more like moderate, at least.

That would be allowed in VG (4.0) condition...

I don't have a great deal of experience with CGC practices, but my guess is they

will not knock an 8.0 down to a 4.0 with the defect you are describing.

Possibly a Qualified 8.0.... confused-smiley-013.gif