• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seller asking to cancel sale weeks after it shipped

24 posts in this topic

It is a moral compass thing.

Forward the email to SafeHarbor @ Ebay.

If the cork soaker would skru Ebay, he'll skru you.

This isn't entirely true. While the person is circumventing fees, I know sellers who have openly said they do this and are not the type to screw anyone. The majority of people doing this just have a hate-on for feeBay.

Six of one, and a half dozen of another. If their ethics allow them to "bend" the rules to screw e-bay, there isn't much doubt that they'll eventually screw their buyers or sellers when they feel it suits their purposes.

This isn't entirely true. While the person is circumventing fees, I know sellers who have openly said they do this and are not the type to screw anyone. The majority of people doing this just have a hate-on for feeBay.

Six of one, and a half dozen of another. If their ethics allow them to "bend" the rules to screw e-bay, there isn't much doubt that they'll eventually screw their buyers or sellers when they feel it suits their purposes.

I already said I dislike the practice, but I don't see how refusing to accept is going to screw the buyer (shrug)

Maybe they'll be blocked, but so what.

I already said I dislike the practice, but I don't see how refusing to accept is going to screw the buyer (shrug)

Maybe they'll be blocked, but so what.

And while I like to think that I am a devout capitalist, I am probably one

of the rare birds that likes honesty and dignity to pervade business. Probably

why I don't buy from many on this forum.

Isn't eBay an "anyone"?