• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question regarding UPC Barcodes

5 posts in this topic

Here is a question that I have searched the boards for an could not find a real answer for.

I have currently two of the same issue comic that I am wanting to submit to get slabbed. Question is, one of them has a UPC Barcode and one of them has the STAR logo in the box where the barcode is on the other. There is no incidation of a second printing, what really is the difference? Is it just a vendor specific UPC (markets and retail stores) verses LCS's?

It is kind of confusing, if anyone can shed some light on this that would be greatly appreciated!

-Brian

Here is a question that I have searched the boards for an could not find a real answer for.

I have currently two of the same issue comic that I am wanting to submit to get slabbed. Question is, one of them has a UPC Barcode and one of them has the STAR logo in the box where the barcode is on the other. There is no incidation of a second printing, what really is the difference? Is it just a vendor specific UPC (markets and retail stores) verses LCS's?

It is kind of confusing, if anyone can shed some light on this that would be greatly appreciated!

-Brian

UPC is Retails stores!

Star Logo is Comic Stores

-Brian

UPC is Retails stores!

Star Logo is Comic Stores

Ah but which is rarer. You know if your a completionist you need one of each because it is a varient like having a different price on the same issue. devil.gif